Sign in to follow this  
james27yocool

help! cant join a server!

Hey guys yesterday and today i have been trying to get this mod to work (im talking over like 5 hours of trying to get it to work) So, heres my problem whenever i try to join a DayZ server i get in click on ok and im stuck waiting for reciveing data and than when its like 90% it freezes and than kicks me out back into the server lists and in the background theres a black screen and in the middle there white letters saying "creating character" Any suggestions on what to do? this is really getting annoying

If it kicks you without a error of any sort, consider installing or updating battleeye. (Or if it is already installed, reinstall.)

1.Open Steam and go to your Library.

2.Right click "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead"

3.Click Properties

4.Under the Local Files tab, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This found an error in one of my files, and fixed it.

Good luck, and I hope this helps my fellow survivors.

here is what i did and it worked for me to solve the "receiving data" stuck problem.

1) check game cache files via steam

2) check your \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion folder if BattlEye is installed properly (for me it was not - the BattleEye folder didnt exist) there have to be 5 files in that folder.

3) if the battleEye folder doesnt exist or there are files missing then reinstall it (in steam library right click on operation arrowhead > reinstall battleEye)

4) download this file http://battleye.com/downloads/arma2/BEClient.dll and replace the existing file in your \Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye folder

now i can at least join the servers :) my problem now is that this game is so fucking complex i think i will need days to grasp it.. but i already love the atmosphere in the first 5 minutes