FranzAtGaming

Stuck at Loading screen!!

same issue here since the 1.7.2 patch. I had the same issue everyone else did, but now that the hotfix is out, i dsont get stuck at wait for character, im stuck at the last loading screen. Below I will detail the troubleshooting I have done so far.

1. Reinstalled Both Manual Arma OA and Steam Arma 2/and all required beta patches and DayZ. - Same issue

2. Deleted mpmissions folder from my Profiles -same issue

3. Reinstalled Battleeye - same issue

4. tried 10 servers that all state to have the hotfix - same issue

5. made sure to try manual DayZ install, DayZ Updater Install, and SixLauncher. - All give same issue.

As far as I can tell, its not an issue client side. I dont know the server set-up or anything, but it would seem like either our profile data is corrupt server side, or this is a new issue to crop up for player ID's of ArmA X users or non-steam versions.

• Like 1

BUMP, stuck since 3 weeks!

Rocket i pray for you, please help us!

just waisted the money for the game i bought it and i got stuck too :\ someone help us

got stuck on loadscreen too... before this i couldnt play for a week because of the player id issue with the arma 2 x verison...

is there a little chance that this gets fixed in 2012?

Ok so i had this problem too, i downloaded the full game from steam and installed it all but when i loaded the game i joined a server and had the loading screen, what i did wrong was i DIDN'T install the beta as it correctly lists in the instructions listed below. Install the beta which is mentioned in the install insructions (i thought having the full game this wouldn't be an issues - IT IS!)

Here are the instructions i used:

http://dayzwiki.com/...to_install_DayZ

So i compiled the instructions from that site into an easy to understand and follow summary below:

Before you click the download links please check wheather you installed the game from steam or from retail IT WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE, Then read the instructions below accordingly.

BETA download link:

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

RETAIL - Beta Patch Install Instructions

1. Download and install beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (Latest patch is in the green field top of page)

2. If you are met with a "Password screen" then choose the top version on page (Not in the green field)

3. Go to the Arma2:OA main directory and right-click on shortcut "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch". Add "-mod=@dayz" without quotes to the target line.

4. Run "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and enjoy playing!

NOTE: Remember to install DayZ MOD before launching the game!

STEAM - Beta Patch Install Instructions

1. Download and install beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php (Latest patch is in the green field top of page)

2. If you are met with a "Password screen" then choose the top version on page (Not in the green field)

3. Go to the Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead directory (for example C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead) and right-click -> edit on .cmd file "_runA2CO_beta.cmd". Search for ":run" near the end of the file. Add ";@dayz" without quotes to "-mod=%_ARMA2PATH%;EXPANSION;ca".

4. Run "_runA2CO_beta.cmd" and enjoy playing!

You may create a new shortcut to "_runA2CO_beta.cmd"

NOTE: Remember to install DayZ MOD before launching the game!

AFTER you install the beta you will need to open the Six launcher and click verify if you haven't already becuase it needs to verify the version you installed

HOPE THIS HELPED!!!

okay so once i download the beta patch do i drag it into my ARMA2OA/@dayz/addons and then extract it? Or do i just download the patch and leave it alone?

i believe it is all about the servers you join, you can get stuck in the loading screen or the "create a character" screen. to fix it find a server with at least 10 people in it.

I had several issues with Battleye while trying to install the mod and get it running.

I would join the server and then get stuck in a never-ending load screen. OR I would just get kicked from the server.

I fixed my issue by:

1. Go to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead (this is with Windows 7)

2. check the expansions folder and see if there is a folder called 'BattlEye'

3. If it isn't there, go back to the main OA folder and open the 'BEsetup' folder

4. Run the 'Setup_BattlEyeARMA2OA' program

This will manually install BE for OA, which steam had a hard time doing on its own.

Then, before you join a server, turn off any anti virus temporarily.

I know when my BattlEye tried to update, it failed because my Avast stopped the download.

Good luck! Any problems and I'll be glad to try and help.

I would like a fix for non-steam. i got the same problem indeed. i srsly want it to be fixed.

• Like 1

Its fixed, you have to download the battleye client update and server update from battleye.com/downloads

replace them and evrything should work correctly.

• Like 1

Close six launcher, verify it, try different servers.

You'll find a working one sooner or later.

Its fixed, you have to download the battleye client update and server update from battleye.com/downloads

replace them and evrything should work correctly.

This worked for me and my friend. No problems after we did this.

The load in just sucks now.. it may take up to 10 minutes to get in to a server. The "Loading" screen is the last one you have to wait for thought so if u made it that far just wait some bit longer and u should be fine.

I've had this problem for over a week now. I've tried every new "fix" I can find and nothing. I'm running the updated versions of everything. This makes me, as the french say, le sad.

I have been playing ArmA 2 Dayz mod for about 2-3 months i have encountered my fare share of bugs which was expected.

I am running v1.7.2.3 and problem started on v1.7.2.2

But now i am unable to play at all on any server, i get infinite Black loading screen, i have waited more then 30 minutes on many severs with no luck. At this point i dont care about all the cool items i had on me i just want to play.

I have tried all fixes posted in the forums and nothing works.

Same, been trying to connect in 10 different servers and can't get in. Stuck in loading screen for over 10 minutes in every single server. Some friends of mine are having the same issue. 1.7.2.3 tried with 94876, 95054 and 95099 and all the same problem.

I play on 95168 with no problem

I play on 95168 with severe problems. before I updated to latest arma 2 beta I was getting never ending loading screen. After update, battle eye not initializing even though I've reinstalled it several times.

DayZ seems buggy as shit lately, unable to play

Update BattlEye manualy...

lift over the Dll´s v1.61.94945+ as described at...

http://battleye.com/download.html

I just deleted the battle eye .dll file at C:\Users\[your name]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA, and also deleted the entire beta folder and reinstalled the beta patch. Then ran ArmA 2 OA to have it update Battle eye itself.

(if you get the "WRONG CD KEY" error when trying to install the beta patch again when doing this, just load up ArmA 2 OA once and log back out to correct it)

I am finally able to enter games now.

Note: I am on the steam version and do everything manually. I don't bother with the SixLauncher.

Edited by Iceblink1911
  • Like 1