Sign in to follow this  
cragzeek

A Bug and a Lament

First:

I dropped an akm and some rounds for a friend and they just dissapeared, what gives? Is this common? It was on a hill. Should I not drop things on a hill?

Second:

This game is stressful. Really stressful. I love it but I feel the need to vent a little.

Its my second day. I took today off and just tooled around Churno and Elektro. I was killed several times by people and by zeds, but I got a little better and sneaking and looting.

I had one particularly frustrating moment where I made it to a meeting point between me and my friend after finally getting out of Elektro with decent gear...only to be sniped from a direction I couldn't even imagine.

I decided to myself:you are going to be a survivor. There is something so human about this game that the idea of being a bandit disturbs me. There is already this frenetic stress filled environment, I couldn't imagine doing what that sniper did to me.

But then there came a moment late in the day. I had only a revolver. He had a lot of equipment. I'd been shot at earlier. I wasn't sure if it was him. We had a stand-off. I asked if he was friendly and he didn't respond. I told him I had friends coming, a lie.

He said "do you need any help?"

Blam. Blam. Blam. Three to the chest. He died. I wasn't even sure why I pulled the trigger. I immediately was filled with guilt, apprehension, fear. Would he come back for me?

I looted him quick. He said in all chat: "why?"

And I wasn't sure.

Jeesus. I need a drink. Does anyone else get this emotional invested in the game? I'm not a very RP person, but I think its the tension in the game that gets me so invested.

Goodnight people.

I see where you are coming from. If I have the chance to not kill someone, I will take it. I make a point to avoid other survivors. Even if I see one, and I can kill them without them seeing me, I choose not to.

I play a defensive style, I don't mind letting people get near me if I have cover. If they fire at me and don't kill me quickly, I'll unload a whole clip in their face. I may draw every zombie in a ten mile radius and get myself killed doing it, but I play on the golden rule. If I say friendly and do the friendly dance, I expect friendship.

<< Martyr for the cause of humanity ;)

Haha well thats good. Either my over-dramatization amused you or it intrigued you. Whatever the case, I aims to please.