Resonancy

Mic hasn't worked since I bought the game

I bought this game about 6 months ago and the first few times I played it i didn't know that no one was able to hear me.  I have finally figured out that is what is going on.  I have searched around and not found any helpful information out there.  I am using a microphone connected to an external audio interface.  My mic works fine in every other game I play.  I have tried all the obvious stuff. 

It is selected as default. 

It is set up to be exclusively controlled by external applications. 

My key binding is set to caps lock and I have tried changing it and changing it back. 

I made sure the volume is cranked way up. 

I verified the integrity of my game files with steam. 

I am using windows 10. 

The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling and if I would get sound were my mic plugged into my 3.5mm jack on my pc.  I can't do this because I don't have another mic but if nothing else works I will try to reinstall and then buy another mic if necessary.   This is everything I thought of.  Anyone have any ideas or have heard of this and know a fix?  Dayz without a mic is awful.  I am really interested in the game and want to play but I can't!

2 hours ago, Resonancy said:

I bought this game about 6 months ago and the first few times I played it i didn't know that no one was able to hear me.  I have finally figured out that is what is going on.  I have searched around and not found any helpful information out there.  I am using a microphone connected to an external audio interface.  My mic works fine in every other game I play.  I have tried all the obvious stuff. 

It is selected as default. 

It is set up to be exclusively controlled by external applications. 

My key binding is set to caps lock and I have tried changing it and changing it back. 

I made sure the volume is cranked way up. 

I verified the integrity of my game files with steam. 

I am using windows 10. 

The only thing I haven't tried is reinstalling and if I would get sound were my mic plugged into my 3.5mm jack on my pc.  I can't do this because I don't have another mic but if nothing else works I will try to reinstall and then buy another mic if necessary.   This is everything I thought of.  Anyone have any ideas or have heard of this and know a fix?  Dayz without a mic is awful.  I am really interested in the game and want to play but I can't!

Ok let me get this clear, your using a soundcard of some sort (external eg.. mixer/soundboard?) and you plug the mic into this and then plug your soundboard/mixer audio out into your PC correct? Are you using the mic port 3.5mm or a aux/usb port?

There are a few ways to make this work and ways to test it, this will be with win10.

The easiest way is to have your mic go to your external device then the output from that go to your mic in jack (3.5mm).. then you setup sound as you normally would as if you plugged a mic straight to the jack itself, Remember there are extra settings in win 10 for sound, most common first is to right click your sound icon at the bottom right of your taskbar and select sounds, then you will have a window open and you select your default communications device under recording tab and the under playback tab your selected output, note, there are two types of functions here 1. Default device and 2. default communications device take note of these so to understand what is in use as they can be seperate selections, you can test your mic input by selecting properties on the selected device and select checkbox "Listen to this device" and apply, now if you speak into the mic and you dont hear anything from your headphones or selected communications playback device then thats a sign that sound is not getting there and you need to go back and check everything over.

Next you can check in win 10 settings itself >start>settings>system>sound and double check your settings that you adjusted in the sound/playback/recording window you first opened, test if need be, if still no go check in settings>privacy>microphone and make sure apps can access your mic and that you have allowed access to the device.

By now if you havnt had any luck then you need to provide more detail on your exact setup.

Let me know if this is correct or not so I can give you a better solution to fix your issue.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS