TimTams

DayZ server setup tutorial?

Hi all,

As I have never had contact with Arma or Arma 2 before DayZ, I am completely unfamiliar with running a server for DayZ. A thorough and extensive google search involving typing in "dayz server setup tutorial" and breifly scanning the first page of results before giving up sadly did not yeild much success.

Is there a guide to setting up, configuring and optimising the elusive daisy server anywhere? For some reason people seem to think this counts as a guide to setting up a server, I've seen it, please don't link me to it.

Cheers,

Tim

Try broadening your search to not be DayZ specific, but instead use Arma 2 or Arma 2 OA or Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead since the games server files are in fact for Arma 2:OA not DayZ

Bohemia's Official wiki On Arma Dedicated server most pages for arma content are updated to include up to current Arma 2:OA Beta.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Dedicated_Server

That had occured to me however I was thinking more along the lines of a guide to configuring a server optimally for DayZ. Even if it went something like: "follow this (link) guide to setting up arma 2, then throw the @ dayz folder in same as the game and change the following configs to make it better for dayz..."

That kinda thing.