Imortaldragonx

Car Repairing

I believe that DayZ is in a very good place now the controls are intuitive and there is a attention to detail that you don't see in other games and it feels very polished and there is no issue with frame rate.

However with the introduction of the 4x4 and now the Olga it has become apparent that finding a working or at least semi working one is next to impossible and even after finding one, finding the parts needed to repair it to working order is even harder due to their infrequent spawning and the huge inventory space these parts take up and how slow it makes your character when carrying them in your hands. This situation makes cars de facto unusable.

This I believe is a sad state of affairs for two main reasons.

1. This essentially locks off certain functions of the game that we have been waiting and looking forward to for a long time, such as the use of cars themselves and base building due to the large amount of inventory space needed for base building can only be provided by a car.

2. Cars are another thing to generate further player interactions (i.e fights) as players are more cautious when they have invested more time into their characters and it is harder to spot and or bump into other players when tracking through forest and fields. Yet if accessable cars were available people would be more willing to be adventurous and probably have more fun plus cars make a lot of noise thus encouraging more interaction and through the need for fuel stops and repairs.

3. DayZ is a realistic zombie survival simulator and in the apocalypse one would not expect all the cars to disappear and for those that remain to have their parts taken and dropped in random places around the map if anything they should be rather rather plentiful.

Finally I understand that for gameplay reasons cars should not be everywhere and ready to go, it takes away something to work for and practically for the server's it's not a good idea. However, my suggestion is simply to amend the spawns for the cars as they are now. I.e. that the cars have a chance of spawning with whatever parts that they have, however whatever parts that they are missing have to spawn with a certain radius of the car spawn and these spawns have to be indoors and have a higher probability of spawning in industrial units. The radius size could be a flat out radius size for all car spawns or it could vary depending on where the spawn is for example a car spawn in a city may have a smaller radius circle of 1km or 0.5km as there would be more potential housed that the parts needed to repair it could spawn whereas in the countryside it could be larger to account for there being less possible spawn locations.

Anyway these are just my thoughts as it is frustrating to find a car in Berizino only needing one tire and a spark plug and fuel but after searching the whole of Berizino and the lumber mill not finding anything. Or at the very least the increase in car spawns should accompany with an increase of car parts to repair them so one can enjoy all the elements of the game and it not just remain a walking simulator. 

Can you attach the winch to my car to get rid of my car when it is stuck in mud or sand, I want it because sometimes when my car is stuck in the mud I have to get out of my car and push it to get rid off from mud, so I think if I attach winches to my car I will get my car out from mud very easily.