Sign in to follow this  
blackbeard06

stuck in nowhere, every time i reconnect

Date/Time:

4/26/2012 1500est

What happened:

Every time I connect to a server the game loads to my character in the middle of nowhere, no map texture either, and I see character models standing all around.

arma2oa2012042615175334.jpg

Where you were:

In woods outside of zelenogorsk.

What you were doing:

I killed a bandit in the woods. Immediately after I got a message: Character Loading Data, (or something similar) Possibly because my humanity was low. 1.4.11 9pm-11pm EST US1 Server

-Current installed version: 1.4.11

-system specs:

Foxconn AM3 A9DA-S

phenom 2 x4 980 3.7ghz - 4.3oc'd

8g ddr3 g-skill memory

2tb 1+1 WD 7200 HDD

HD radeon 6670

Corsair tx650

COOLER MASTER HAF 912

win 7 x86

-Timeline

Ran into bandit in woods, killed him, then was forced to disconnect after non stop character loading data message. Did not sign back on until 1500 est 4/26/2012

I am having this same exact problem. I posted about it here. Did you find out a fix? Does anyone else have any ideas?

I also had just killed a player and had about -1600 humanity. Since that matches your description, I would presume this is a glitch with the humanity system.

Yeah, this is the "Wilderness" spawn... at least this is what it says when I spawn. Doesn't matter what server, what time, how full they are, or even which patch (I haven't been able to play since 1.4.23). An no, nothing to do with humanity, at least not your personal score. I'm one of those PVP virgins (blush)... I haven't killed a single player character since the humanity system was implemented... nor have I needed to.

same here, some guy had a gun in "nowhere" and killed me :( this is really lame, I had good stuff

I believe this might be related to not having the latest weapons patch file installed. I believe with 1.5.1 code there is a change to the old weapons file. The latest weapons download is 1.1.1 and I think makes changes so that you can play blues clues and determine the cause of death of a corpse.

Try installing this and see if it fixes it.

FIX: That zone is slightly off the map but an actual location. Run along the coast with it to your right until you hit the populated map. See this post for more details.

That might fix it for you but most of the time I spawn there I have *nothing*, no weapon, no gear, no food, no water...

That might fix it for you but most of the time I spawn there I have *nothing*' date=' no weapon, no gear, no food, no water...

[/quote']

It is still obviously a very large bug that needs to be fixed, especially considering that it sometimes deletes gear as well. However, that fix is something that players can use to remedy the situation in some circumstances.