Tenchu (DayZ)

US 46, the admins are disgusting

So here it is, after a couple hours of scavenging, my friends and I came across 2 dudes on a motorcycle, they were near NW Airfield and they were looting a Deer Stand. We shot them both, took they're stuff and the motorcycle. About 10 min later as me and my friend are riding the bike back to our tent, the admin pops a message : restarting server in few minutes please save your tents and vehicules ;). we stop the bike in the field, get out and save it, noticing we won't have time to get back to our camp... Because the admins won't warn us about an hour or so before rebooting. ( Wich pisses us off, a great admin would tell us at least an hour before doing it ).

Server back online : we lost the bike.

Been playing fair and all, we understand it's alpha, but when the F*cking admins f*ck your shit up, This is really frustrating. Anyway, I bet there's nothing they can do. Avoid this very server in the future.

Larkinto' pid='250509' dateline='1341462570']

So in what respect is this "disgusting" behaviour?

Restarting the server to roll back your shit getting stolen is pretty disgusting. It's hard to tell when it's abuse and when it's coincidence' date=' though, because everybody automatically assumes it's admin trickery when the server restarts within ~30 minutes of them stealing something or raiding a camp.

That said, a lot of admins [i']are doing it.

Sounds legit to me i'm afraid.

We lost vehicles even after saving due to restarts. We play on a server that restarts every 4 hours (which I think you need in dayz else zombies/loot/clock starts messing up) - the restart message is automated, I dont know if that was the same for you.

Its an issue with the vehicle system i'd say, perhaps it could be looked into next-next patch. I love the realistic "minecraft" style of play where you build a camp etc but i get a hot flush every time the server restarts / we go away for a week without playing because this game is not very "persistant" at this time.

I really hope Rocket and the devs look into further ways of preventing item/camp loss over periods of time.

1 hour? Also it is your own damn fault for not saving it before in the first place.

...SNIP.... great admin would tell us at least an hour before doing it ....SNIP....

No.

No they would not.

why not it gives player a chance to finish what they are doing and get to a safe location or back to their tents?

["Great" Admin] Hey guys, server admin here.

Got some problems with the server, it needs a reboot.

But, because some random dude who's never admined a server before said that a great admin would give an hour warning, we are just going to wait around for an hour with no loot, no zombies, no tents, and no vehicles.

It's the GREAT thing to do.....[/"Great" Admin]

The server I play on usually gives about a 10 minute warning before restart. Never had a problem with it. You really don't need an hour warning. Sure, you lose stuff sometimes, but thats the nature of alpha. Just wait a few minutes and log back in when it comes up.

Seems like the admin are perfectly reasonable, it's not their fault you lost your bike.

They did the right thing, they told the server what was happening....

You can't expect them to always know an hour in front, that the server will need a re-start.

I have seen MUCH worse behavior from admins.

-Banning for no reason

-Restarting W/O warning

-Restarting when anyone except their clan is flying a chopper (in an effort to make them lose it [it worked])

It's very strange that it happen about 5 min after we killed 2 guys with a motorcycle and military stuff, it was 12:30 am or so, and we were less than 15 players online.

so it seemed you drove the bike for 4minutes 45 seconds after been given the 5 minute warning. and then the server restarted so the bike is either infront of you or behind you on the path you took.

the bike saves when your on it you however usually do not. so if you stayed on the bike you would be back near the dearstand?? while the bike is sitting there waiting for someone to ride it where it last saved (30sec to a minute before server restart.

You're also assuming that it was the admin's who were actually driving the motorbike.

Big assumption w/out proof.

Rage induced posts are hilarious.

If you save your vehicle, it will stay there.

If you did not, it might be back at where you took it.

And bikes are pretty much useless. I see that you are kinda new. You can get upset when you find a Landy filled with NLAW rockets ;)

Might have something to do that it is the bike.

Me and my friends got 4atv's 2jeeps. 1 truck. 1 van. 2 pickups. 1 hatchback 1 'lada'. We HAD a bike. But it refuses to save!

Also.. remember to save like 10 times if you want to be 'sure.'

When we park our used vehicles for the night we usually save it 3-4 times each. Per person. (For the lulz and for the paranoia that they might dissapear.)