Sign in to follow this  
InversionSR

Spawn near friends

So some of us have friends who also play, but there is no way to select what region you spawn at or if you can spawn next to your allies. This makes it Obnoxiously hard to meet up and since it is VERY hard to survive for noob players. When we do find our new friend via skype communication and maps hes usually just died and had to respawned somewhere else.

Perhaps teamwork could be introduced into the game with a spawn on squad/friends option. Since this would encourage teamwork and allow new players a chance to actually learn the game as unless your very experienced at sneaking/ running around and loosing the zombies via glitching them behind fences its amazingly hard to make it anywhere close to that 33 minutes with only 1 bandage and a flash light.

this could be part of a server difficulty option perhaps so hardcore players can spawn naked wherever(not literally naked) and noobs could go on easy servers and spawn with guns next to thier allies?

I'm sorry, but I think I should be the one to tell you. Other people will Bite your head off.

There are literally over three hundred threads like this, some as recent as six hour ago. You'll want to use the search feature, and I'd you find one you agree with, say so there.

You should choose which region on the coast you spawn in, better than having to respawn 50 times till you do.

I'm sorry' date=' but I think I should be the one to tell you. Other people will Bite your head off.

There are literally over three hundred threads like this, some as recent as six hour ago. You'll want to use the search feature, and I'd you find one you agree with, say so there.

[/quote']

Or i could make my own one and re-remind everyone of a feature thats very much needed to help get some teamwork going in the game

You should choose which region on the coast you spawn in' date=' better than having to respawn 50 times till you do.

[/quote']

^ see this is smart, you wouldn't know exactly where you are, but you'd at least know what region your in and have a chance to meet up

this is a problem only for newplayers on first day - on second day you will know every spawn location.

also there is always showing were you spawned and if some of your friends have map thay can tell you were are you or go after you

so this is realy not a problem

I'm sorry' date=' but I think I should be the one to tell you. Other people will Bite your head off.

[/quote']

Or i could make my own one and re-remind everyone of a feature thats very much needed to help get some teamwork going in the game

You should choose which region on the coast you spawn in' date=' better than having to respawn 50 times till you do.

[/quote']

^ see this is smart, you wouldn't know exactly where you are, but you'd at least know what region your in and have a chance to meet up

Remind? There's one on the same page as yours in the forum right now.

Well, my comment will bump it, but yeah. EVERYONE has seen this issue. EVERYONE knows about it.

This makes it Obnoxiously hard to meet up

Difficult? Yes.

Obnoxiously so? No.

What would be obnoxious is just clicking a fucking button to circumvent one of the most compelling parts of the game - the challenge of determining your location and that of your friends and planning a safe meeting point which you can both locate effectively.

It also creates a lot of social dynamic - deciding whether you want to go and meet your friend, or whether you would rather look for more loot/food/water for yourself.

Spawning with friends? Boring, unrealistic, overly simplistic and completely inappropriate for DayZ.

Pass.

A thousand times pass.

Yesterday I was crawling for 1,5 an hour cause zombies have broken my legs to meet my friend. And it's 1,5 an hour of crawling more today. I think it is the fetcher of the game, it is realistic.

Here's a bout of realism for you guys.

Oh look, zombies. Abort disconnect ok, zombie apocalypse resolved.

Yeah. We're working on that. Rocket has already stated, "That is NOT meta gaming, that is an exploit, and people will be penalized do it."

And hey, you're right, it's a video game! I never noticed that, I thought we were all talking about those drones we control in the real zombie apocalypse!

People could just go into firefight , die , respawn on a live friend and grab their rifle and continue fighting...It isn't balanced.

This makes it Obnoxiously hard to meet up

Difficult? Yes.

Obnoxiously so? No.

What would be obnoxious is just clicking a fucking button to circumvent one of the most compelling parts of the game - the challenge of determining your location and that of your friends and planning a safe meeting point which you can both locate effectively.

It also creates a lot of social dynamic - deciding whether you want to go and meet your friend' date=' or whether you would rather look for more loot/food/water for yourself.

Spawning with friends? Boring, unrealistic, overly simplistic and completely inappropriate for DayZ.

Pass.

A thousand times pass.

[/quote']

I second ZedsDeadBaby's post... A thousand times.