Sign in to follow this  
fredwesthvac

Create AN ORIGINAL DAYZ SHORT

It is my proposal to construct a 12:32 short film. In Dayz, if you think about it, we have unlimited possibility's. It is my desire to create a short film. Using first person players as camera operators, recording at different angles for everything from close up dialogue shots, to scenery, to both sides of any gunfight, zombie POV etc...

Catching all the juicy shots and downloading all of the feeds into a dump site which would be open and available to all that participate in the project.

My idea for my short will be fairly structured. A diner, late at night, the boy, the old man and the outlaw are the only ones who make it out alive. They are trying to get back to the farm where the antagonists wife and young baby are home alone, that sort of thing.

However with the footage given to everyone to splice and construct as they want there could develop a wonderful competition to make a better short, with your own story line. 

I had this idea after watching Moons stuff and other stories made around DAYZ environment. I for one would be happy to devote some hours of my day to volunteer as Cameraman #1 in the development of a new film.

Would anyone else like to brainstorm on this idea with me?

If you volunteer to work on my short, you get to write your own character backstory and if you are yourself a character ;) you get some dialogue, or write your own, or I will write you in a part.

If you would like to be Cameraman #2 through Cameraman #whoknows????…….. Please feel free to respond to this post.

I am a creative writer, screenwriter, and idea guy. I really need some great computer expert advise for the "dump site" for all juicy shots, available to every one idea.

Thanks for all input. 

things I need : a dedicated server. at least 18 cameramen or camerawomen. 7 main characters. I will play old man. I need an OUtlaw, young boy, waitress Gladis, she gets torn to pieces in the first few minutes but I need a good screamer. Gas station attendant. We will need cars. the more vehicles the better. Can we get a working truck? 

Edited by fredwesthvac