Sign in to follow this  
HEEROCKSS

Server FPS meaning

Hey All. I just installed BEC with auto restart and sheduled messages. Now i tried just for fun the Monitoring inside DayZ. I understand the used Memory, up and download speed, but what exactly does "ServerFPS: 2540" mean? Is this just about AI or does it affect the Players on the Server? Its always between 2600 and 1900FPS. Thanks.

Fps = frames per second (for the screen normally) for the server i think that means "calculations"  so the server does 2600 calcs in this moment but i dont know exactly. Jeah AI also player get affected by the fps. If you have more loot and much more zeds and the fps go down  you will feel cause you can still shoot but the hit registration takes much longer       for me everything above ~200 is good    we had an pvp server at the 1.0 started, bodys wont dissapear at the beginning time and after 1 hour with 50 players (and ~300 dead bodys with normal loot on the map) the server had only ~70 fps      trust me   that was really shitty     today our pvp server is muuch better configured and everything is just fine (20 ppl bodys after 10 sec despawn and no loot arround 1700 fps)

11 hours ago, G0ndalf said:

Fps = frames per second (for the screen normally) for the server i think that means "calculations"  so the server does 2600 calcs in this moment but i dont know exactly. Jeah AI also player get affected by the fps. If you have more loot and much more zeds and the fps go down  you will feel cause you can still shoot but the hit registration takes much longer       for me everything above ~200 is good    we had an pvp server at the 1.0 started, bodys wont dissapear at the beginning time and after 1 hour with 50 players (and ~300 dead bodys with normal loot on the map) the server had only ~70 fps      trust me   that was really shitty     today our pvp server is muuch better configured and everything is just fine (20 ppl bodys after 10 sec despawn and no loot arround 1700 fps)

Ah good to know. Thank you. Im curious what it will look like when there are more people on the server, so far there are only about 5-7 per Day or even less.