Sign in to follow this  
thesmileytwo

What was the latest version of Arma 2 Dayz before bases?

I decided to play vanilla arma 2 dayz recently to re-create my 2012 experience.

After finally getting out of Elektro I headed North West with the idea of getting me some looty loot like the good ole dayz from a nice tent city. I found myself quicky orientating from memory and headed to a classic tent city location.

I was both not disappointed yet completely disappointed at the same time.

I found a tent city! But it was not tents... it was a base made out of walls. WAT?

I headed north and just kept finding the same bases made out of walls. I ran out of water so I headed to a barn I knew...to find it converted to a base made out of walls. Went to the next barn to find this converted too.

Died of thirst.

Uninstalled.

Thanks Dayz for turning Dayz into Exile.

So my question is, what version was the latest version before tent cities were converted into bases, and are there any servers with that version available to play on.

Actual vanilla dayz mod.

P.S I assume bases were requested by clans. Which makes a game where a lone wolf like me had just as much chance of surviving as a clan if one had skill, turn into a game of numbers because more numbers = more chance of resources and more resources = a more secure base.

The game feels like communism now, the big clans have all the resources (rich) and the little guy (lonewolf) gets nothing. I can't even loot barns because they have all been converted into bases.