Sign in to follow this  
galvvy

Repeating sat tile/wrong texture

I've seen multiple solutions to similar problems, but haven't had any luck. I'm wondering if it's an error in my height-map directly? When I generate layers my bottom left tile is repeated across the bottom edge of the map and has the concrete texture which I'm assuming it's pulling from the "outside terrain texture." Is this because it's an island and not properly configured? The rest of the map seems completely fine and generated the proper textures/tile placement. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
36zVnyz.jpgb4rAla0.jpgfvOwRha.jpg

1 hour ago, galvvy said:

I've seen multiple solutions to similar problems, but haven't had any luck. I'm wondering if it's an error in my height-map directly? When I generate layers my bottom left tile is repeated across the bottom edge of the map and has the concrete texture which I'm assuming it's pulling from the "outside terrain texture." Is this because it's an island and not properly configured? The rest of the map seems completely fine and generated the proper textures/tile placement. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
sb4rAla0.jpgfvOwRha.jpg

In samplers tab where it says 'satilite/surface mask' insted of it being 1024 make it 512

Alright, I'll re-gen at 512 and edit when im done.

Well you're on to something here, but it just shrunk the tile overlap to 512, maybe I should GO SMALLER! (well going below 512 just crashes bulldozer, so no dice.)

60bBAYn.jpg

Edited by galvvy

2 hours ago, galvvy said:

Alright, I'll re-gen at 512 and edit when im done.

Well you're on to something here, but it just shrunk the tile overlap to 512, maybe I should GO SMALLER! (well going below 512 just crashes bulldozer, so no dice.)

60bBAYn.jpg

I put to 512 and it fixed mine. Maybe its something to do with your config, maybe watch this 

It's repeating the same tile, so I don't think it's the config. I'll try feeding it a test L3DT project and see if it spits the same error with the satmap and just do process of elimination from there thanks a bunch for the advice.