slartibarfas

problem with reset key bindings in 1.0

Hi,

i accidently delete in the key bindings look left which is on default mouse left.

And i cant bind look left back with mouse left, I dont know how to do this

and sadly i delete this also in pc_default

i reinstall the game three times, i verify the dayz files on steam, i delete the userfiles and even steam cloud, but  it is still the same

key bindings

How can i restore this?!

Please I need help

good question, the same happens to me. deleting and restoring userconfig didnt help...

where is the controls config saved?

FIXED: corrected the entry in <USER>.dayz_preset_User.xml... Dayz options menu shows old entry..i will make a bugreport

Edited by Funkdoc

Thank you for this info

I hope they fixed this soon because i dont know how to correct the entry in the user file

and i want to play dayz (again, after long waiting for 1.0)

Edit:

It is kind of weird....i checked the user.xml and it shows the correct configuration for UAAimLeft = "mleft"

BUT

the dayz Menu shows still  a different  button " Mousebutton left"

Edited by slartibarfas

ok then check if u make any changes in controls configuration ingame that it overwrites the user.xml on closing dayz.

if so, your ingame changes are gonna be saved. if not check the other config preset -> user or default.

change it that way and delete any other elements like ... </btn>  or any other "<btn name=..." entries.

<input name="UAAimLeft">
        <btn name="mLeft" />
    </input>

EDIT: if it already worked then forget that.  as i said dayz options shows old settings

Edited by Funkdoc

It worked,

Thank you very much for your help,  hope to drink a beer together  in dayz somewhere sometime

as you said, the problem was, after restoring the settings, dayz shows still the wrong key, but it works correctly in game

That confused me

BUT

HA HA

Now i cant step right or left, key bindings is set and save in the user file and also shows correct in the dayz menu but  the keys doesnt work in game

I think, this guy has the same problem:

Maybe you have an idea which fix this?

Edited by slartibarfas