rstork00@gmail.com

server hopping solution

I say you just make a timer before you can actually log off.

Like a minute or 2.

That way you cant escape zombies, you cant escape pvp, and if your hopping for loot it will take you longer.

wow, that's so simple and elegant and solves all the problems, I can't believe noone suggested it before!

wow' date=' that's so simple and elegant and solves all the problems, I can't believe noone suggested it before!

[/quote']

:D

Fix sever hopping:

Horses. Add horses to the game. srs. HORSES. SOME GOD DAMNED MOT--------

Im sorry for my outburst. Sever hopping makes me sad :<

This is on the right track, I'd say. However, I do think a more sympathetic wait-time would be ideal -- 20 seconds would be more realistic, at least initially.

You have to consider the use-case that you need to leave your home immediately, yet you have to wait for this timer (>= one minute) before you can ensure that your character is safe. An honest action with good intent, yet facing punishment -- bad user experience.

Perhaps you can, granted you can persist this time interval in some way across servers, double the wait-time for every successful log-off within an hour's time until the wait-time resets.

--

So, I log-off and I get a fair 20 second wait-time. I join another server and log-off, I wait 40 seconds. Join another server, log-off and I wait 120 seconds -- then 240 seconds, etc. etc. In an hour it's 20 seconds again.

You must also consider that looters and alt-f4ers will be okay with a minute or two of wait-time. Doubling it for every successful log-off will eventually reach a point where it becomes undesirable for that demographic.

Thoughts?

i like the doubling but the point of wait time is to make sure your in safe location before you log off. if you cant handle that. oh well

Id like to vote a big NO for this suggestion. As long as its practically IMPOSSIBLE to lose zombies by fleeing. With the newest update the zombies start searching for you when they lose sight of you, however before you can lay down a low profile they gain sight of you again. So as long thats not working at all, id like to have a secure exit so i dont lose all my shit i worked hard for.