Uncle Zed

I can't get mods to work on my local test server

I've tried several mods on my local test server. I subscribe to them in the workshop, then copy the folder over to the server folder. I add -mod=nameofmod to the command line. I copy the key to the Keys folder. I have verifySignatures = 2; set but yet I can still join the server without the mod loaded on the client. This happens with every mod I try. 

What am I doing wrong?

15 hours ago, GrossKopfZed said:

I've tried several mods on my local test server. I subscribe to them in the workshop, then copy the folder over to the server folder. I add -mod=nameofmod to the command line. I copy the key to the Keys folder. I have verifySignatures = 2; set but yet I can still join the server without the mod loaded on the client. This happens with every mod I try. 

What am I doing wrong?

try setting this to 0 verifySignatures = 2;  so would be verifySignatures = 0;

4 hours ago, eggy785 said:

try setting this to 0 verifySignatures = 2;  so would be verifySignatures = 0;

From what I understand, a setting of 0 would make it so the players aren't required to have the same mods, whereas 2 should require it.

On 11/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

From what I understand, a setting of 0 would make it so the players aren't required to have the same mods, whereas 2 should require it.

never thought of that and you are right.

Does anyone have any ideas? I tried another mod tonight, the DayZ-SA-Tomato mod, which adds a menu to spawn items, teleport, etc (only using on my test server) and the menu works in-game, which means the mod is loading, but the mod isn't shown in DZSALauncher. I added Sullen Skies to the test server too and it's not listed in DZSA Launcher either and I'm not sure if I'm seeing a difference in the clouds, as that mod is supposed to affect. I also can still join the test server without the mods loaded, even with verifySignatures = 2; 

On 11/25/2018 at 6:56 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

What am I doing wrong?

did you download DZSALModServer.exe from https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/tools and lanuch that instead?

from what I've read base dayz sa isn't really setup to handle the mod requests on its own, basically leaves it up to player/server owner to communicate what is needed (least for the time being)

Edited by Zze

10 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Does anyone have any ideas? I tried another mod tonight, the DayZ-SA-Tomato mod, which adds a menu to spawn items, teleport, etc (only using on my test server) and the menu works in-game, which means the mod is loading, but the mod isn't shown in DZSALauncher. I added Sullen Skies to the test server too and it's not listed in DZSA Launcher either and I'm not sure if I'm seeing a difference in the clouds, as that mod is supposed to affect. I also can still join the test server without the mods loaded, even with verifySignatures = 2; 

i also have same issue loads admins but no menu

54 minutes ago, eggy785 said:

i also have same issue loads admins but no menu

are you loading the mod both on client and server?

6 hours ago, Zze said:

are you loading the mod both on client and server?

just server? client needed?

I got it going. You need a tool from the DZSA launcher site, then something in the server cfg. I got it working thanks to a guy on the DZSA Launcher Discord.

11 hours ago, Zze said:

did you download DZSALModServer.exe from https://dayzsalauncher.com/#/tools and lanuch that instead?

from what I've read base dayz sa isn't really setup to handle the mod requests on its own, basically leaves it up to player/server owner to communicate what is needed (least for the time being)

2 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I got it going. You need a tool from the DZSA launcher site, then something in the server cfg. I got it working thanks to a guy on the DZSA Launcher Discord.

This is the first time I've read this thread since I posted yesterday, so I never saw that reply here regarding the tool.

lol, all good, glad you got it sorted

15 minutes ago, Zze said:

lol, all good, glad you got it sorted

how did you sort it lol

7 minutes ago, eggy785 said:

how did you sort it lol

I didn't sort it? I didnt have the problem.. lol all I was saying Im glad he got it working regardless

Edited by Zze

40 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

how can you share pls

Just now, eggy785 said:

i have done that bro still not showing for me will keep at it ty

you downloaded the .exe and changed it to the one being started?

1 minute ago, Zze said:

you downloaded the .exe and changed it to the one being started?

yeah bro dont have it on my client tho just server so no sure

Just now, eggy785 said:

yeah bro dont have it on my client tho just server so no sure

im confused lol, are we talking about DZSALauncher or the mod DayZ-SA-Tomato

1 minute ago, Zze said:

im confused lol, are we talking about DZSALauncher or the mod DayZ-SA-Tomato

DayZ-SA-Tomato tool i have DZSAL M8 LOL