Sign in to follow this  
DeliCiousTZM

Never found a gun..

So im new to this game and been studying the maps and how to avoid zombies and such. ive looted at least 50 houses and i never found a weapon typicaly its filled with empty cans. im starting to realise that this game used to be alot eaiser since u dont even start with a weapon anymore. So what do you do when you are alone,without a weapon and nothing but cans to loot.

Head to red dots on the map. Personally, I keep an eye on the 2 military/police towers in Elektro. Was able to find a sniper and AK (stuck with AK since I had 4 rounds for it, while sniper only had 1) along with some morphine! (on a dead body of course)

ALWAYS survey your area first though. If you see movement up in the tower part of those 2 buildings, stay away unless you have a weapon and believe you can get the jump on someone.

I find a lot of hatchets at industrial and farm buildings.

I've only ever found 3 guns, I found a 104 and a 870 with flash light at the south west airfield, unfortunately when I tried to pick those guns up the server was lagging and I lost my hatchet and got DC'd, I managed to log in the next day after waiting and found someone had put barbed wire around the stairs at the bottom, the only way for me to possibly go up the stairs without getting cut on the wire was to "vault" attempted to vault onto the stairs and magically both my legs broke and I died there and then...

The 3rd and final gun... Mak which took a long time was from the Supermarket at Polana along with a map, watch and binoculars so which was a great haul, unfortunately as I was leaving I saw a group of people coming into the town so I creeped towards them with my heart racing knowing I could never take them on and its taken me 6 hours to get to where I was (I went a long way)... I saw my opportunity to strike and I threw a smoke grenade right at their feet... zombies are like flies to shit to smoke grenades... was hilarious.

So yeh, I've died a lot in the past 2 days and only ever found 3 guns, loads of hatchets andu nfortunately the hunting knife can't be used as a weapon.

Two possible explanations :

1 - You are a very lucky player who felt the real experience the devs tried to make us feel. Trying to find something to defend yourself only to be unsuccessful would be common story in a real zombie apocalypse event (except if you're considering kitchen knives which are pretty common irl and could hypothetically be used as a weapon).

What are you supposed to do? Either stop playing because you didn't feel the experience was satisfying or keep playing because you enjoy it that way. Your choice.

2 - It's a server-side problem. Try another server and if you find it easier to find a gun, contact the original server's host.

A good idea would be to tell us in which server it happened so we can see if many people complain about one particular server.

best place you can go imo is cherno, go to the church and surrounding resturants. i always find food and guns in there. sometimes i find a gulley suit. other times i have found a coyote backpack. church is a high value you, so that means more stuff and higher chance of it. if you want check out my teamspeak server around 4:30 MST and i can show you the ropes.

Two possible explanations :

1 - You are a very lucky player who felt the real experience the devs tried to make us feel. Trying to find something to defend yourself only to be unsuccessful would be common story in a real zombie apocalypse event (except if you're considering kitchen knives which are pretty common irl and could hypothetically be used as a weapon).

What are you supposed to do? Either stop playing because you didn't feel the experience was satisfying or keep playing because you enjoy it that way. Your choice.

2 - It's a server-side problem. Try another server and if you find it easier to find a gun' date=' contact the original server's host.

A good idea would be to tell us in which server it happened so we can see if many people complain about one particular server.

[/quote']

I feel like the massive empty cans spawning everywhere is more of a design problem due to the servers not being restarted frequently enough. or a design issue rather than a possitive part of the experience.

Id be alot easier if you started with at least a hatchet, now u run into a zombie he automaticly killes you. and keep in mind that avoiding zombies searching twenty diffrent houses to only find tin cans and seeng other threads where people are saying its a glitch is not encouraging.

sounds like you are just having bad luck.

try barns and supermarkets they are great places to find starter guns like enfileds and winchesters and pistols like maks 1911s and revolvers.

I started fresh yesterday at Kamenka, and headed north to Zelongorsk (my favourite supermarket), by the time I was at pustoska I had an revolver, M4A1 CCO, coyote 24 slot, map and such tools.

When I got to the top corner I found a camp, so I loaded up one of the ATVs with supplies and a NVG FAL, grabbed a pair of range finders and headed on my merry way :D

Its just a matter of chance.

Tip: Run to Cherno; You won't get shot till you recieve a weapon and if you do then that person needs to die anyway.

http://dayzmap.info/

Map of 90% of the buildings which are loot able and what can be found.

If it's a glitch/bug/anything related to the mod and the server rather than luck, than I guess we can only wait until the devs and hosts solve the problem. Please post the name of the server where it happened.

If it's just plain bad luck and people looting the houses right before you do, then it surely could be interesting to know what the devs thinks of how much simple and common weapons such as hockey sticks, baseball bats, kitchen knives (that kind of weapon is now only present in DayZ as crowbars) should reset (though I'm not sure it's possible to alter the reset option for specific weapons / making guns reset after some time while making melee weapons reset after a shorter time).

My personal opinion is "the lower the chance the player find a weapon, the better the game is". I'm a fan of hardcore games.

I suggest you keep trying to find any weapon and use those cans as decoys. :D The main fun of this game is not the "killing zeds and players/bandits (although killing bandits can be fun sometimes ;) ) but rather trying to survive the longest time possible.

Tip: Run to Cherno; You won't get shot till you recieve a weapon and if you do then that person needs to die anyway.

http://dayzmap.info/

Map of 90% of the buildings which are loot able and what can be found.

Wont get shoot by who? and zombies? hmm what is in Cherno?

Bandits normally shoot on sight in cherno however they normally leave noobs.

Zombies are easy keep running in and out of open buildings.

And check the map it has what can be found in what building.