Sign in to follow this  
theMedium

Stuck at black loading screen

Hi! I just bought the game and installed the mod. A friend helped me with it so everything should (not guaranteed tho) be correctly installed. I have the 2 games installed in my steam account and I have the "Six Launcher" installed.

I will explain what is happening:

When I start "Six Launcher", I select a server and join it. The game starts up and I end up in a "Multiplayer Setup" menu. You can see all the players on the server etc. I proceed by clicking OK in the bot right corner. The game loads for a sec and then a new menu pops up. I can see all the players in a tab to the right, just like the previous menu, but this menu has a landscape as background. Theres a loading bar in the middle and when it finishes the turns black with a white loading bar in the middle and a text; "Loading".

This is where I get stuck. I waited for 15 min on a server my friends managed to join instantly without problems. Nothing happens and the game doesent enter a "will not respond" state, which I assume mean it doesent crash. It just gets stuck on loading.

Is this a known bug or is it just my internet that is bad. I know my computer is good enough for the game. Have 7970 graphics card etc. However, my internet is shit. Im currently at my summer place so all we have is a 2mb/s broadband. Is this the only problem perhaps? Is my internet not good enough to handle the game? It feels like after 15 min of waiting it should be able to connect...

Thanks for all the help!!

Please note that other games, such as DOTA 2, works fine with the current internet I have. Its just DayZ...

Yeah it seems like this is a common bug at the moment. Nobody is addressing it just yet. Frustrating.

I'm having the exact same problem, no idea how to fix it sorry!

Same problem here. Was playing last night fine until someone hacked the server. Haven't been able to load any server since.

edit: and if this helps, I can hear the game sounds for a second, then it just goes silent with the black loading screen.

If so many people have this problem.. Is there noone who's came up with a work-around?