TRosland

How do i add mods to my dedicated server?

i failed every time i tryed, and i can't seem to find any help for this..

Which mod? There are a lot of mods at github, all of them comes with tutorial to install it

Edited by SuperElvus

well, when i add the files to server /addons/ and launch dayz with the same mods, i get kicked because of the workshop mods... i can connect with no mods at all, on my modded server.

On 10/11/2018 at 4:26 AM, TRosland said:

i failed every time i tryed, and i can't seem to find any help for this..

Begin with small steps. Go to DayZ Vanilla++ Mission by DaOne v0.2 follow the installation steps. This has a few mods incorporated into the mission and the installation is very easy! Maybe even your host may help install for you if you ask kindly.

Once installed and you are understand the basic features and now to enable/disable features then you can play around with other mods. Adding multiple mods only increases the chances of crashes/conflicts/issues etc and requires knowledge which is learnt by trial and error (mostly). Most mods unfortunately are not plug and play. 

There are very few people who know how to get workshop items working currently, or more so a lack of documentation. Plus workshop is currently broken (unless it got fixed today). I would avoid workshop mods until you have successfully implemented other mods. 

Hope this helps! 

Edited by Fester808

if your adding mods from the steam work shop and it's server and client, then you well need to have you mod setup like this.

1. Add the mod folder to your dayz main directory, should look like this "@yourmodfolder" without the quotes.

2. Add your mod to your server command line startup in serverstart.bat file should look something like this.

start DayZServer_x64.exe -mod=@YourModFolder; -config=instance\serverDZ.cfg -profiles=instance -name=addnamehere  -port=2302 -BEPath=C:\servers\dayzserver\battleye -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck -cpuCount=4

3. most important what ever mod you add to that line and that is server and client side mod. You will need a bikey for that mod it should be in a folder labeled key.

This will allow your client to connect to your server.

Also the mod.bikey has to be placed in your key folder in your main directory.

I hope this helps. ; )

Edited by San (DayZ)
typo

11 hours ago, San (DayZ) said:

if your adding mods from the steam work shop and it's server and client, then you well need to have you mod setup like this.

1. Add the mod folder to your dayz main directory, should look like this "@yourmodfolder" without the quotes.

2. Add your mod to your server command line startup in serverstart.bat file should look something like this.

start DayZServer_x64.exe -mod=@YourModFolder; -config=instance\serverDZ.cfg -profiles=instance -name=addnamehere  -port=2302 -BEPath=C:\servers\dayzserver\battleye -dologs -adminlog -netlog -freezecheck -cpuCount=4

3. most important what ever mod you add to that line and that is server and client side mod. You will need a bikey for that mod it should be in a folder labeled key.

This will allow your client to connect to your server.

Also the mod.bikey has to be placed in your key folder in your main directory.

I hope this helps. ; )

i got it like this: start "DayZ Server" "DayZServer_x64" "-insatnceid=1" "-config=serverDZ.cfg" "-profiles=E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DayZServer" "-port=2302" "-BEpath=E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DayZServer\battleye" "-cpuCount=2" "-noFilePatching" "-mod=@Dusty's hoodies;" "-mod=@Weapon Redux Pack;" "-mod=@RPCFramework;"

when i try to join i get this: You where kicked off the game. (Modified data: dta\bin.pbo)

remove all the quotes for one lol, Two your mod structure is all wrong needs you look like -mod=@Dusty's hoodies;@Weapon Redux Pack;@RPCFramework;

21 hours ago, San (DayZ) said:

remove all the quotes for one lol, Two your mod structure is all wrong needs you look like -mod=@Dusty's hoodies;@Weapon Redux Pack;@RPCFramework;

i did, but still i can't join..

Look's like it works now! i was missing the DayZ.bikay for some reason.. anyways thank you guys for the help! :D