Rilenz

Swapping weapons from backpack?

how do you actually deal with swapping weapons that are in your pack?

tried dropping a primary wep to equip primary wep from bag then tried putting dropped 1 into bag, didnt work, m24 magically disappeared when dropped it along with ammo :/

tried straight swap of AN-FL with night sight with pp-19 silenced making sure there was enough slots on both sides for their ammo, AN-FL completely disappeared along with ammo :/

what is the procedure or is just completely bugging out at the moment?

Cant out weapons in ur pack, if you want 2 firing weapons you need a pistol and a a main like a rifle can pull a sniper out your back pack ;)

I had the same issue a few weeks back (last time I could still get on any server) with an Alice pack and weapons in hand and in pack. WHen I moved in hand to the pack to make room to bring pack to hand, the one in the pack disappeared.

I have also had disappearing issue when finding a new pack. Mostly full pack on my back, new, bigger pack on ground. I pick up new pack. Now new one is empty and now on my back and old one, still with all my stuff is on the ground.

When I open the pack on the ground to try to get my stuff transfered over (not scrolling to the pick up pack) the first item I moved caused the packs to swap again. The old pack with my gear stayed on the ground but the gear all disappeared. The new pack also disappeared. I was left with my first pack and no gear.

I don't really know what the right way to swap weapons is; I've had trouble with both ways.

If there's a corpse or loot pile around, I'd probably try to use that.

iv figured out the swapping of packs, open new first, swap all from old into new then take new pack and you dont seem to lose anything that way but the weapon thing is a bit baffling, i dare not even try again with any weps for fear of them turning to dust in the bottom of the bag lolz

feel free anyone to update with a working method, corpse 1 as a workaround mebs but isnt practical if your wanting to change to a silenced wep for stealth infiltration if you have to fire off a loud 1 to get your corpse :)

For those who dont know if you try to put a weapon from the ground directly in a pack that already has a weapon, your guna have a bad time. (it will disapear) to make it work here is how you do it:

In the case of switching a gun from your equipped slot to your backpack or vise versa without losing any ammo or guns:

Step 1 - Find a random pile of crap, press G on the pile of crap to bring up your backpack like you were going to pick up the crap, then drop your gun and ammo on the ground, make sure every clip you want to save is on the ground along with the gun.

Step 2 - Open backpack, take the gun out of your backpack and into your equipped slot, the ammo should auto go into your equipped slots. then leave backpack.

Step 3 - Aim cursor at the gun press g and then go open backpack, put the gun into the backpack and the ammo as well and there you go, no disapeared gun or ammo.

In the case of switching a gun from the ground to your backpack:

Step 1 - aim cursor at the gun, then press g and go to open backpack, MAKE SURE THE ONLY THINGS YOU CAN SEE ARE WHATS ON THE GROUND AND WHATS IN YOUR BACKPACK.

Step 2 - drop ammo and gun, then put new gun and new ammo into your backpack, the old gun should be on the ground and the new gun should be in your backpack, always do ammo first when dropping and ammo last when taking.

HOPE THIS HELPS!

I'm pretty sure opening the pack and pressing the right arrow on the weapon in your pack swaps the two weapons.

I have made the Primary weapon switch successfully and unsuccessfully, but I don't recall whether I did it differently each time. I have transferred a lot of things from main Inventory to Backpack and back again by first opening a Loot pile, but don't know if that's the way I switched Primary Weapons.

My backpack and weapon switch works fine; Just open backpack and click on the arrow then it switches it for me.

The only reason it will bug is due to magazines and bag space.

I've never had a problem with it. Open gear menu, open bag, double click (or click on > arrow) of the weapon in your bag that you want to swap to your hands.

Then it will swap the weapon to your hand and put the one you were using in your bag.

What I usually do is drop some item on the ground to create a loot pile and use that to swap, first from backpack to ground, then from primary weapon to backpack and last from ground to primary weapon.

I also swap the ammo manually before swapping the weapon.

Yea iv just went into armex for a mess about and it has nothing to do with DayZ mod bugging out its just the way arma is.

whenever you want to switch to a weapon in your pack always use the right arrow to place the weapon in the primary slot and it will move the other wep straight into your backpack, use the left arrow initially to move a wep into pack then pick the other 1 up then use the right, if you try to use the left arrow with a wep already in your pack it will eject the weapon your holding since its seeing you havent got the space! also from what im seeing the weapon isnt actually disappearing, i noticed a few times that it was placing the weapon behind me for up to as much as 3 meters away and with the ammo spread out, so if your in a forest or thick grass it can be quite easily thought that the items are gone since you cant see them and don't think to look that far behind you + you aint going to notice unless your centred on it and the take option pops up!

go into armex and use it to get familiar with the system (shud of thought of that before but hey ho lol) cos its a mare in the field as were brutally finding out.. :P