orlandomagik

Can an admin or Dev team reset my character data?

- Steam game

-Beta patch versions 93695 and 94444

-Launching game through steam

Problem: Game freezes in black "Loading" screen after i connect and receive all data from server. I can play Singleplayer fine, my brother logged into his steam account playing on his account on my computer has no problem connecting to servers. I believe it has something to do with the way i disconnected while passed out or something, and if my character settings were reset i could just spawn back on the coast and start over. I tried reinstalling everything from scratch, but the issue persists.

Help??!

Thanks.

Specs: i72600

Geforce gtx 560

300gb HD

1tb HD

16gb Gskill RAM

Windows 7

So basically... it's stuck at loading? Is this on every server or just that one?

Edit: I realize you've stated you reinstalled, etc... But that may not be necessary, espically if its a character data issue, since thats stored on the hive. Try another server first.

Follow up question: How long are you waiting at the loading screen? 1 minute? Longer? I know it can be frustrating but try leaving it longer to see if it will eventually go. I've been stuck at that screen for longer than 5 minutes sometimes. Things can go slow, etc... My advice would be to try and load up, go do something for 10 minutes. If it loads in, YAY! If not.. shit, come back and let us know.

And when I say freezes I mean I cant hit ESC and abort and try another server, I have to end task or ALT+F4 then close the window and relaunch CO through Steam

I've left it for 5+ min. It has never taken this long before, and my brother is sitting right next to me with an identical PC, both wired connection to our router, and try to join the same server he gets in no issue I freeze at loading. I'll try 10+ and see what happens though.

Could someone do the same for me, I was playing normally and found a camo uniform. I decided to put on the camo when suddenly I was teleported into the debug ocean with out being able to seeing land. I stared to swim north for 10 mins, after no luck I decided to re-spawn but it would let me. I disconnected to try to rejoin but now I cannot rejoin any server, I am just stuck at the loading screen. I know the reasoning behind this, it is not a legitimate spawn and the server will not allow me to spawn there. So are you able to reset my data tables in the hive? If you can that would be great as the only other way I could start playing again would be to buy another Arma: OA CD key. Thank you for your time.

Could someone do the same for me' date=' I was playing normally and found a camo uniform. I decided to put on the camo when suddenly I was teleported into the debug ocean with out being able to seeing land. I stared to swim north for 10 mins, after no luck I decided to re-spawn but it would let me. I disconnected to try to rejoin but now I cannot rejoin any server, I am just stuck at the loading screen. I know the reasoning behind this, it is not a legitimate spawn and the server will not allow me to spawn there. So are you able to reset my data tables in the hive? If you can that would be great as the only other way I could start playing again would be to buy another Arma: OA CD key. Thank you for your time.

[/quote']

You aren't running the beta patch/most recent patch and dayz files. If you were, this would not have happened. This is actually an issue that was resolved by using said patches. Had this happen to me personally with a camo suit. At this point, alternate skins/clothes are safe to use, UNLESS you aren't up to date.

Its 1:45 pm here now, I'm letting it sit at the loading screen, this time it has the bar up still, and I can hear the ambient sounds like bugs etc. Brother is currently in the same server, running around no issues. Going to head to the grocery store, will update when I return.

2 hours later, still at loading screen so I shut down. Pretty sure if someone reset my player data i would be fine

My friend is having the same problem. We have tried reinstalling everything, with no luck. Orlandomagik , will you PM me if you find a solution? In turn i will do the same for you.

Will do, so far nothing though. pretty sure because of the situation i was in when i disconnected only thing that will fix is a reset of my character data

There is nothing wrong with your character.

@Vipeax - Then what's the problem? Can it be fixed?

There is nothing wrong with your character.

Vipeax, how can i resolve this issue if it is not a problem with my character data? I've been enjoying the hell out of this mod for a few weeks and now I'm relegated to sitting next to my brother watching him play, which is disappointing for both of us because it is much less fun playing alone. Please help!

got this problem too + instant kick on every server...

1 of 3 things:

1. your character data is corrupt

2. The database is overloaded

3. Battleeye is kicking you off during load as you have been banned.

If my character data is corrupt, how can I fix that? Is there a way to create an all new character and start from scratch? I can not delete this character profile from Arma II in game, as the option is greyed out, and if I try to create a new character, the same thing happens(stuck at loading screen).

If battleye is kicking me off because of a ban, how can I tell?

if you are in game now you could join my dayz server with your name and i will watch rcon and see what messages it gives when you join.

Usually if you are banned it will kick you off during load so you get stuck in the "loading" bar screen.

Also another thought, check that battleye is able to communicate with the internet, make sure it's not blocked in any firewalls or anything.

pm me if you want me to see if you are banned, you can join DE22 (my server) and i will watch the logs whilst you join and this will eliminate option 3 theory.

if you are in game now you could join my dayz server with your name and i will watch rcon and see what messages it gives when you join.

Usually if you are banned it will kick you off during load so you get stuck in the "loading" bar screen.

Also another thought' date=' check that battleye is able to communicate with the internet, make sure it's not blocked in any firewalls or anything.

pm me if you want me to see if you are banned, you can join DE22 (my server) and i will watch the logs whilst you join and this will eliminate option 3 theory.

[/quote']

Thanks i am at work right now so i cant log on. I will try to wake my brother up at home and have him get on your server. I'll send you a PM to let you know if i can wake him up. Thank you so much, this means a ton to me.

i got the exact same problem. it happend to me after my arma crashed and i needed to end it with the taskmanager now i get stuck in the black loading screen after "waiting for character to create".

I've been having this problem ever since I bled out in town since someone tried to bandage me up. I was stuck in the ground, and couldn't do anything other than force quit. Since that time, 2 months ago, I would get hung up @ waiting to receive character data. After 2 hours of waiting, I'd be in debug, with no inventory.

Since 1.7, I've been hung at the loading screen, and have never been able to get past it, even after 2+ hours of waiting...

My problems sound exactly the same as yours, regardless of whether I used steam to launch, or the six launcher.

I've gone back and forth with the dev team over email, and they always suggest reinstalling. Well, I've re-installed windows, and it hasn't helped(thought there was something hidden that was effecting something).

This is massively frustrating, as I bought ArmaII for this mod, which was awesome for the week I was able to play it.

Just tried the very last option for you guys, but next time please provide a player ID, and especially D2Dominator as there is nothing in your post to find you.

Vipe, what do you mean by tried the very last option? My brother just called me and informed me that the issue is resolved, I'm wondering if its because of something you did on your side or just luck. Thanks for your help.

[EDIT] - I respawned on the coast with nothing, not where I was when i disconnected, just for anyone's information.