Sign in to follow this  
puppetmaster11

are residential tents bugged?

Found one today in a supermarket friend said not to use it because its bugged and will eat the gear? Is this happening and if so any word on it being addressed? Thanks

No? Residential tents? what?

Ok let's start at the beginning. If you are talking about the item "camping tent" then no, your friend is misinformed at best, trolling you at worst. They don't "eat" your items. Unless that's some non english translation for "hold your items for you while you go off on an adventure".

If you find a tent, scoop that shit up bro. Take off into the woods, find yourself a secluded spot and set it up. I may be wrong here but I think the tent can hold around 40 items in it total? (If anyone can fact check this, that would be great).

Perhaps what he was referring to was that there was a bit of a tent duping glitch going on, and to resolve that, the dev team / rocket / w.e wiped all the tents since it was getting outta hand.

Yup, that is the item to which I am referring. You're friend doesn't know what they are talking about. Feel free to use it, just don't overload it. When it gets full (theres no indicator to mark its full either) things will just start getting dropped onto the ground at the base of the tent.

Tents are super buggy. They might duplicate, they might become unlootable (happened to 2 out of 6 tents for my group), and they might randomly have gear disappear on server restart.

Agree with previous poster, tents are extremely buggy still. First off their very difficult to setup, and for some less patient folks probably impossible. Following a guide online in which you basically walk baby steps and for each step attempt to set up the tent, I was able to get my tents up. You are to do this until it sets up. One tent took a few tries, the next one took close to 100. I have had tents not save items also. I've had tents duplicate themselves and the content inside it some how (set up two tents in an area, came back next day and three tents were up, one with identical crappy gear as the first one.) Packed up an empty tent once, left the server a time later, came back next day and the tent I had rolled up was once again in the place (and empty) it had previously been. And last but not least, I have had tents "eat" items the same way your backpack will if it is full. Bad thing is, tents don't show the number of inventory spaces available, so you never quite can tell when it is full (Putting items into any full area, whether it be your inventory, backpack, tent, etc, will result in the permanent loss of said item). I have read several different numbers on what a tent can hold, but the closest thing that seems correct is 5 weapons, 50 items, and 5 backpacks. The backpacks can be full of items also currently. I think the most I had in a tent personally was 5 primary weapons, 45ish items, and 2 backpacks with items.

Cheers,

SanMan

Well i realize its alpha stage so no point in complaining hope they do fix it tho put gear and a tin can in tent was all gone when i got back to it.... could have been a player but who loots a tin can lol