Sign in to follow this  
woberfet

cant join a server

when i go onto arma 2 using the arma 2 launcher and try to join a server it does this validate thing then when it loads it goes straight back to the server list. Any idea why? and how to fix it? Thanks:P

make sure you are running all the correct addons, and are updated all across the board. Do you use the launcher to join the servers? If so try doing it manually.

make sure you are running all the correct addons' date=' and are updated all across the board. Do you use the launcher to join the servers? If so try doing it manually.

[/quote']

heres the prooblem, when i click launch combined operations on steam the game starts and on the right side it dont say "dayz" but when i use the launcher it does say "dayz" but it still wont let me on a server. I have no idea what to do its stressing me out.:huh:

really need help anyone know what the problem is my son needs help?

I'd like to bump this, if I may. I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever get it fixed out?

I'd like to bump this' date=' if I may. I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever get it fixed out?

[/quote']

nope i spent an entire day trying to sort this shit out but it still wont let me in a server so i gave up......im just gonna keep posting till i get help because i just wasted £25 on this mod.

I'd like to bump this' date=' if I may. I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever get it fixed out?

[/quote']

so i only have one option left and that is copying the battleye folder from arma 2 into the Arma2 OA folder. Hope it works.

Well did have something similar so might be a issue for you as well.

Guessing you bought Co steam?

Check to see if you have

\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\BattlEye with 5 files in it.

If not your having the same issue i did.

Have installed it correctly but just the anti cheat is missing (no error msg on boot) unless you can log back in quick on a server to see why you got booted.(thats how i found out steam didnt install it even after clicking install BattlEye.(well atleast not for me)

Right click Operation Arrowhead in Steam, select Properties, and then click the Set Launch Options, type in: -mod=@dayz

Click OK. Now when you launch the game, you should see the @dayz under mod on the right.

Other useful command line options:

-nosplash (skip the splash screen)

-cpucount=X (Sets to the number of cores your CPU has)

-maxmem=X (Set to the amount of RAM your system has, in MB, 8192 = 8GB for example).

Good luck.

wow thanks for your help guys once ive done reinstalling the game ill try and do both of your methods and see if it works! cheers.

I have the same issue. BattleEye did not properly install through my initial Arma 2 installation. How can I re-install it? Running the setup for BE within the Arma 2 folder does absolutely nothing.

edit: Actually, I do have the BattleEye folder in the expansion folder with 5 files. It must be working correctly. However, whenever I join a server I connect, hit "OK," then load about 90% only to be re-directed to the server list once again.

If you think it might be a BattleEye issue, you can download the latest client DLL from here: http://www.battleye.com/downloads/arma2/BEClient.dll

Just overwrite the one in your ArmA2OS/Expansions/BattleEye client (BEClient.dll, compare the filesize/dates if you need to be sure).

Right now there definitely issues with joining a server, but you should at least be able to get to the 'waiting for server response' screen like everybody else.

Try Verifying the integrity of the Game:

1.Open Steam and go to your Library.

2.Right click "Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead"

3.Click Properties

4.Under the Local Files tab, click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

This found an error in one of my files, and fixed it.