Sign in to follow this  
chaoticgood

Hacker(s) creating false positives for BattleEye against legit players

This took place on server FR16 at approximately 4:00 - 4:30 GMT+0

I'm north of Stary Sobor looting the 2 deer stands across the open field when low and behold 76 priests spawn about 300m near me.

So what's odd about these priests you ask? I have been given squad command abilities over them. At first, I think who do I have to thank for my small platoon of priests? I can't ask who did this, conveniently.

Then it dawns on me. What if BattleEye bans me for this? Rejoining the server reliquished control over the priests but they are still there in Novy Sobor (I ran around with them for a while).

TL;DR A kind hacker gives me control of a platoon on a dayz server.

Were you banned? If not, why this thread?

No I was not banned however, from what I understand, BattleEye bans in waves. So therfore, if I get a global ban in the coming months, I will know what caused it. Not that I will have a leg to stand on. We all know how people treat people who claim "They never hacked."

P.S the priests are still there in novy sobor. I can't take a screenshot because when ever I press PrtScn, it takes a screenshot of my desktop and not in game.

Battleeye is just... Horrible.

The only bans occuring, Is when rocket reads unknown cheats, and tells the battleeye team to ban a certain script.

Getting around any of that is as simple as.... spoofing guids.... running scripts as another player / the server..... bypassing battleeye all togather. Its just a really horrible system.

Hell, you could change a letter in whatever script you are running, and battleeye would not pick it up.

It is just a completely horrible system.

The server should kick for spawning ai now, the player probably spawned them where he clicked on the map, not on players. The script used to force other players to execute your code is also added to the scripts.txt. battleye will not ban you for this.

I knew there were 76 because in the official arma 2 game you can count your squad members when they are under your command by using the F11-F12 keys to scroll through them all when you have more than 10.

Please pm me if anything hack related occurs and the player isn't removed automatically, thanks.

S!

This made me chuckle, even it was wrong and I wish OP does not get poop hitting the fan for this. But anyway now he could have wreaked Holy Havoc singing Iron Maiden's Holy Smoke :D On a serious note these hacks and whatever have kept me from logging in lately :( I do not mind dying to zeds or another LEGIT player, but hacks and all..no thanks.