Michael Matheossian

I found interesting thing about not server showing up

Hi(Sorry for my bad English),

I have a probleme, my server won't show up to my friend,So I decided to search,I recreated multiple server on the dedicated machine I have (On Windows Server 2016 with Remote Desktop Control)

And not working for my friend, AND I had the idea to create a Remote Desktop Session to my friend (My friend and me are not connect to the same network) And after he connect to my Dedicated server,

he refresh server list on Dayz and try to find my server HE FIND IT,So the theory is,Client need to have first connection between the host machine who host the Dayz server before see the server.

Fix can be done without update server files ?
I have not firewall enable on both PC and dedicated server and ports is all open

• Like 1

You know what, it seems you might be right. I haven't been able to see my server (remotely hosted linux box, running DayZServer_x64.exe via WINE) at all since I created it 16 hours ago. I read your post, then created a SSH tunnel to my server, and BAM just like that I can now see it in the server list.

• Like 1

The only Thing you need to do is Open the Port 2304 is the server-query port is what you need to show your server in the server browser

• Like 1

Yes and when you have no firewall on dedicated server and server like CSGO Server work perfectly and Dayz server not working, How to configure QueryPort for Dayz Standalone ?

The server is Host on dedicated Server buy on OVH with Windows Server 2016 I7 7600k(Or another I don't remember really) and 32GB of RAM.

I just have access with RDP(Remote Desktop Protocol).

I have my server in OVH to and work perfect xD windows have firewall... ovh game servers have firewalls.. go to the firewall in windows and add the ports 2032 and 2034 UDP

Maybe the fail is to have the firewall disabled.. muchs server have this secutiry i dont known if DayZ have it xD but yes you need to add the ports in the OVH panel too