Sign in to follow this  
Richard Solovyev

Server works on LAN. Can't figure out how to port forward to allow friends to join

Hi there, I'm trying to learn more about server hosting. I've gotten the server up and running on a local machine. I am able to view and connet to it over LAN.

I'm now trying to figure out how to show the server for my friends. I feel I am missing a step in regards to port forwarding. Is anyone able to help me with this? I'm on discord and we can screen share if that's fine.

Did your friends tryed too connect vie your ip yet, when not its worth a try. Some server doesnt show up in the browser for some reason or it just takes a while too show up.

Edited by D3vilgoat

I was about to post the exact same thing. I have a server setup locally and can view it via the LAN tab in game but its not shown in any other tab.

Does anything special need to be done to get the server shown to the public?

I've given them what I believe was my local IP. I'm sure tha't snot the correct one. I looked up my IP over the internet. Gave them that, but the server is still nto showing up.

Just now, mathewjknott said:

I was about to post the exact same thing. I have a server setup locally and can view it via the LAN tab in game but its not shown in any other tab.

Does anything special need to be done to get the server shown to the public?

No my server shows up for me in the Browser without IP but i run it on an dedicated machine

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Richard Solovyev said:

I've given them what I believe was my local IP. I'm sure tha't snot the correct one. I looked up my IP over the internet. Gave them that, but the server is still nto showing up.

Did they search with the port. Standart is 2303. So it should look like 78.46.106.93:2303

• Like 1

Ok, I must have did the port forward correctly. After I found my IP over the internet (just search for what is my IP), I gave them that number 73.28.163.143:2302 and they were able to see it now.

Here is what I did in my router. Idk if this will help anyone looking for the same thing. Wish you luck! FYI, I had to restart my router.

https://ibb.co/eKmMcK

• Like 1