Johnny Banzai

Guns, mags, bullets unusable

Question

I've been carrying both the M4 and the AK-M. Sometimes both work, sometimes only one works, and sometimes both are screwed... like now.

I play on US servers, and leave them on the early warnings (90 minutes, 60 minutes) so my issues are not crash-related.

This morning, both guns appeared to work. Switched to a different server after a reset warning, and the AK-M showed no clip in the weapon even though it was visible on my character. Zero rounds, and will not accept a new clip nor remove the apparent existing (visible, but not functional) one. M4 was still functional so I switched.

After another server reset warning, I exited and later restarted on another server. Now neither gun will work. The M4 now shows zero rounds, even though loaded. And attempting to unbox some 5.56 rounds, the system just ignores the result. It shows the box of rounds in-hand and the "RT to unbox" function, then the animated circle of activity... but no opened rounds.

So... time to break out the ax, I guess.

5 answers to this question

i have this issue alottttt only way iv found to fix is hop world drop gun revmoe the mag from it on the floor to your hands.

then put the mag in your bag and pick the gun up to your hands

after this u refill the mag or empty it and refill it if already full

this should fix it for this gun

, cause and resolution below for my instance of the issue;

)Action - In my inventory I took out a Mag for the equipped gun by micro managing.

I reloaded the Mag and went go reload by using (b)combine from inventory, then tried tapping (y) with gun in hand.

)Result - both attempts failed. (Dropping gun, dropping Mag, stripping gun never worked)

I thought what did I do different; I removed Mag via micromanage.

I opened inventory, with the jammed gun equipped over my shoulder as before (the graphic shows an equipped Mag) i tried to micro manage the Mag back into the guns slot. I couldn't see the equipped guns sub menu.. When 'rt' down got to the slot above, game crashed three times in a row..

)Resolution - logged on finally after character locked in DB, still the same reload issue, however guns menu now visible, and I successfully load Mag to svd via micromanage.

I've forced and fixed this error three times now. Also the inventory screen when switching down to last slot with rt or lt is locking the game and a restart is required on occasions..

I found an easy way to make guns work with using b as your reload rather then y. You put a mag in your quick tab slot and rather then press a to put it in hand press b and it will reload the clip you will just have to reslot every time you use the clips kinda uses alot of slots but its a work around for now. I have my melee weapon my 2 guns and 5 clips slotted 1 for sniper and 4 for my closer range means i got 150+ bullets that wont glitch. Has not glitched for me in several days after finding this work around. Y does alot of things so I think thats the problem. If you hold y it goes to next slot rather then putting item away as well. They could use the controller setup a bit differently but thats just me. 

Edited by Chris Burton
Spelling

Found a "workaround"...

Gun must be "equipped" first, then opened as a "container" in the inventory column. Then, and only then, was I able to remove and add magazines (clips). Even then, the AK-M showed 0 rounds chambered so... I had to remove a full clip, chamber one round, return the clip, and the weapon fired twice properly.

Then the server crashed without warning. Will restart everything and retry, but I expect this to work again if necessary.

also as a side note u have to load the ammo from ur invent screen for chamberd weapons simply using y will not work