epikool

What is the easiest way to lose zombies?

I don't know if the guides I read are all old or what, but I am having a difficult time losing zombies. I have tried the running into a building, exit out the other side, and crawling away, but they still seem to pursue me. Please help. Also, I don't know if it's lag or what, but I will be about 2 cars lengths away proned, but they still notice me and run after me.

Cheap as shit tactic, but if you cant lose them any other way run into a "safe zone" - houses, piers etc, anything where you have about 20s they wont be able to get to you and disconnect. Its cheating i think but if you really cant deal with them any other way then its an option.

try running up steep slops at angles the zombie should walk up the hill. then just keep running untill he stops.

Run untill you find a slope, find a steep part and run down it, if it's steep enough they loose some sort of balance/gravity fall past you and die.

I usually find that if you die and wait for them to finish eating your corpse then they wander off.

Failing that you could do what someone did to me yesterday in Elektro which is to run straight at another player with some infected on your tail shouting "Zombies, I have zombies, fresh zombies here..." and then when some break off to attack the other player shout "Enjoy the fucking zombies, they're fresh!!" and then run off into the distance still shouting.

It was like being attacked by a Monty Python sketch...

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I'll stick to the slope trick. Not a fan of cheating, so I'll ignore the relog suggestions XD.

Thanks for the tips guys. I think I'll stick to the slope trick. Not a fan of cheating' date=' so I'll ignore the relog suggestions XD.

[/quote']

yep, there is no point playing the game if you log out every time something is wrong & you might get hurt

When you run into a building make sure it is a larger building than a shed. I always choose a barn of some kind. Once you get in the barn do not go any further into the barn than halfway, if you go past the halfway mark in the barn the zombies will just run around the building to the other side. I, myself, try to stay just inside the doorway out of the zombies reach. Stand just inside the barn and wait for the horde of zombies that was following you to make their way inside the door, move toward the middle of the building as the zombies come in the door. Once all the zombies are inside the door start moving further to the opposite sid and let the zombies get a good distance inside the building before you bolt out the opposite door and run for it. Do not go prone, do not crouch. Run at break-neck speed out the other side and away from that building.

Either get into a building to shoot them as they come in the door,

Run up a steep hill and shoot them as they approach

Run up a steep hill and try to lose them as they fall behind a bit

Try to run around a building and then find cover, this sometimes works

I've had a very similar problem. However going into a building NEVER does a thing, if anything it's like the Zombies can see through the walls. I was in a building, hiding from some passing zombies, went into prone and they still saw me and they just kept coming. I think I killed ten, with the hatchet before I could leave.

That's the problem I find too. If there is a zombie in the area & I move into a house to grab some loot, it's like I have a dang magnet...they automatically know where I am. I would like to see the zombie AI dumbed down a little. I think it is silly that they have this innate sense of your location. I'm just having a tons a trouble doing anything with them finding me like this...

In Cherno try running through the walled back-yards between buildings. This generally shakes them.

shoot them with a m107 in the middle of a town. that works great. people have said most of the best ways. vault over fences. it slows them down especially if the entrance is on the other side of the yard.

try to run a steep mountain upwards until you move very slow, then use the left/right tactics to go up faster. this is how i get rid of the zombies most of the time...

Run through a open building.

I fully sprint while in Cherno and make it through and out alive with no damage taken.

Here are some tips in no particular order.

1. Run into woods and they may hit trees and stop.

2. Run into building, wait a second until they get to the door and then go out the other side. I usually just shoot them at the door if I have a pistol excess rifle ammo and a chip on my shoulder.

3. Run up hills while zig zagging diagonally.

4. Run down hills and their speed will be too much and they will leap off the side and fall to their deaths. Be careful the hill isn't too steep for you too or you could break a leg too.

5. Run into water or at least the shallows. They will start to follow you and then start walking.

6. Climb a ladder--zombies can climb some ladders and some they can't. Be prepared if they can follow you though.

7. Play with a friend/s who can shoot them as you run around screaming "Help! Help!"

8. Jump a fence. If it's long enough they may not see a path around and may stop following you. This can work in conjunction with running through a building.

9. Run up stairs and find another way out of the building. It helps to crouch and walk when you get upstairs.

10. I've found that while I was in the grocery store and a zombie was walking in the front door I laid down between to shelves and the zombie turned and walked away. I was going prone to shoot him and anyone else but instead he left. May be he could no longer see me.

11. If you fire at a zombie try using a pistol. In particular I like the 1911. It doesn't attract as much attention as a rifle and it's a one shot center mass kill. Mack and G17 take at least one to the head or 2 or more to the body. Center mass is so much faster and easier. With the Mack and G17 you have to spam rounds to be sure and that's wasteful and noisy.

• Like 1

Just put buildings between you and the zombies, Run through buildings so they are slowed down and you can get away, Also in elektro you can climb onto the outside ladder from inside so you can get away that way.

Thanks again for all the responses, they are great. Unfortunately, I just found out that I may be playing in outdated DayZ. Is the beta patch necessary to play the most up to date versions of DayZ? If so, I am SoL, because I am having a terrible time trying to install the f'in patch.

Not all servers require the BETA, and those that do not have no effect on the zombie's themselves, as that is up to the DayZ version.

There is a "How to Lose Zombies" guide on the GuideZ channel.

Thanks to you guys I am getting much better at this game at a fairly quick rate. I was able to stay alive longer my last life. Ended up finding a hospital and got a bunch of goodies, but then got gang banged by some zombies.