Sign in to follow this  
Wakko

Alternative way of how zombies/wounds work

Something I thought about... this is just me speculating.

The thing I hate the most about dayz is the glitchy and insanely fast zombies. Making it really hard to lose them.

What I thought about is a total revamp of how the environment and zombies actually work. What if zombies were a little bit slower, slow walk as the slowest and jog as the fastest (or something like that). There would be much more spawned zombies than now.

Getting damaged by a zombie, bit or scratched, anything would make you infected. Making you lose blood (if you keep getting beaten up you would lose blood faster ofc) and when you die, you turn into a zombie. You cant play as him, it basically just replaces you with a NPC zombie but it still has all your stuff. Which would mean we would see walking player corpses with who knows what equipped among the zombies.

There could be some way to prevent you from being infected... some medical supplies or something - although it should be really rare.

I'm not completely sure if its totally balanced but it somehow feels like it. Because of the slower zombies its easier to get away and lose them. But, if you for some reason even gets scratched by one you get infected and need medical help asap. Which still makes zombies a threat and you need to be very careful of even being hit by one, even if it means once.

Thoughts?

I think I really like this idea.

It feels very... traditional. Whilst I don't necessarily think it's crucial to have the zombies moving all that much slower (now is too fast, fo sho), I have to say that I completely forgot about infection.

That's pretty much in every damned zombie-flick.

What makes zombies so feared is not strictly because they're overwhelming.

Once you understand their habits, you completely trump them in everyway.

Once you have a small group of well armed people - you completely trump them.

One may get through and it may cause some bleeding, but blood packs are so easy to obtain, and the same with bandages, that whatever damage you incur is easily rectified in a situation with a large group.

What makes zombies so deadly is that one deadly bite, and you're infected.

I can just imagine all the scattering to all the hospitals as you try and get your buddy, who has only a little bit of time left, some of those much needed supplies to counteract the infection.

Certainly, though, zombie speed and clipping will -need- to be sorted out before a mechanic like this is implemented - but goddamn I like it!

Yeah, the glitchy zombies needs to be solved first