LethalHaze

0.63 Ideas

1. The rotation of items to fit into your inventory better would be amazing to see (like in EFT).

2. The ability to rest your gun on an object for less recoil and more stabability.

3. Weapons should be more customisable, more attachments and a larger variation of scopes. They feel to boring atm, I want to be able to choose which scopes, grips and handguards etc. to put on guns. 

4. The classic map and compass at the moment is useless. The compass should work like in ARMA where you can call bearings really easily to coordinate with your squad. 

The map should also be more common to help new players figure a way off the coast and to explore more. Also a GPS system to know exactly where you are and to waypoint locations you wish to travel to.

5. Helicopter crashsites have been a concern of mine for ages. They don't feel rewarding when you find one, half the time you can't even find a gun at one, they should have infected around them and spawn more loot.

6. 0.63 added a few things that felt unnecessary. Like having to put everything in your hand and adding something on top of that item to get an outcome. I think right clicking on an item and listing options was just so much easier then having to left click every time.

7. I think the weather and clouds etc. has gone uphill in some aspects and downhill in others. I remeber clouds used to look so much prettier, same with sunsets. The constant fog everywhere is annoying and it doesn't even look that good. 

Theres an arma mod which has really nice fog effects that would look so good at night with flashlights that I think should be added to standalone.

Overall im loving 0.63 and would like to know if you guys have anything that could improve or add onto my ideas.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, LethalHaze said:

4. The classic map and compass at the moment is useless. The compass should work like in ARMA where you can call bearings really easily to coordinate with your squad. 

The map should also be more common to help new players figure a way off the coast and to explore more. Also a GPS system to know exactly where you are and to waypoint locations you wish to travel to.

I think DayZ its better without the GPS. Arma  its come to easy with the GPS

You mentions many time ''IN ARMA'' but remember we are in DayZ and I Think the fog is good for the game, because in real life we don't chose the temperature

yeh because its so constant, and doesn't look that good. Im just comparing to some of ARMA 3's mods which would look amazing if implemented into standalone