Sign in to follow this  
mudnut

Zooming and LOD Level

Hi, I was curious about something as it was brought up on the discord yesterday morning and I would like to inquire about it more (and hopefully get a developer response).

Whenever you are to zoom or hold RMB to "zoom", occasionally there will be a slight stutter or lag when viewing objects at a distance. Even with a slightly lower object and terrain quality level. At first I thought this was due to a slow drive being ran, but some said even with a faster drive it was occurring. I've experienced this for a while now, and including the recent 0.63. The framerate is perfect up until the point I zoom in, and whenever it seems to "load" fully everything seems fine zooming in afterwards. Which gave me the notion that it may either be my gpu or my drive. Thoughts?

if you want us to tell which part of your hardware is not good enough to run the game smoothly, we need some additional info:

1) What branch are you playing on? (Stable/Experimental/Stress)

2) What Hardware do you have? (CPU/GPU/RAM/Drives and on what Drive is DayZ installed, how old is your HDD if it is a Disk one?)

3) What are your ingame setting? especially Model detail and view range is very important

4) When does the stutter occur? DO you zoom at buildings? woods? the ocean?