Sign in to follow this  
sdhfguih2i3df

Banned from NY25

Hey, so I saw someone driving a tank in Cherno,and hid by a street until the guy got close enough and I could jump in. Anyway, after I hopped in, we cruised around for 10, 15minutes, and then he said "it's all yours" and took off. I then rolled around in the tank until I somehow made my way to the NW Airport. I was promptly banninated from the server.

I 100% didn't realize tanks weren't a part of the game, being a complete noob to DayZ (and arma, I had to google youtube videos to learn how to even switch spots in the tank and fire the bloody thing), I was wondering if my ban could be removed?

I've since scoured the wiki and know what vehicles and weapons are legit, so this won't be happening again. I just think it's a BS ban that nobody told me to get out or that it was hacked. I have many friends that can vouche for me, I don't hack, I don't combat log, and I play fair.

My character's name is "ken", this happened about a week ago on the NY25 NwO server I believe.

"I had to google youtube videos to learn how to even switch spots in the tank and fire the bloody thing"

Fire gun: Left click

Switch spots: Scroll button on mouse

Yet you managed to figure out the scroll button to get inside the tank

Firing the gun.... well gee, lets see.. it's the same as firing all guns in the game.

Busted

Yeah, except when I got in the gunner I was using the machine gun. I thought I could use the tank as the driver, the guy before me in the tank was driving, he'd stop, and shot, so I assumed it was the driver who aimed the main cannon, as all I had when i crept up on the guy in the tank first was the machine gun.

Yeah' date=' except when I got in the gunner I was using the machine gun. I thought I could use the tank as the driver, the guy before me in the tank was driving, he'd stop, and shot, so I assumed it was the driver who aimed the main cannon, as all I had when i crept up on the guy in the tank first was the machine gun.

[/quote']

The facts are this, you strolled onto the NW airfeild with a tank. as such, the admins banned you. unless you can somehow magically prove that you found a tank on the side of the road, sorry. there are always more servers to drive tanks into highly populated areas.

I actually think I was in one of those hangers and saw you roll by... LOL I was like what the #$*%... The truth is though, at the moment it doesnt matter if its a hacked car or gun, if you pick it up and use it your at fault.

this same shit happend to me i was looking at a ammo crate and got banned

No, that's not what happened. You spawned a car, 04.07.2012 06:32:34: MaTMaN (IPREMOVED) 4b52fdfb4dfc79c3d06be6efa4b1bc8f - #9 MyScripts\cargo.sqf"; _car = "TT650_Civ" createVehicleLocal (position player);

No' date=' that's not what happened. You spawned a car, 04.07.2012 06:32:34: MaTMaN (IPREMOVED) 4b52fdfb4dfc79c3d06be6efa4b1bc8f - #9 MyScripts\cargo.sqf"; _car = "TT650_Civ" createVehicleLocal (position player);

[/quote']

and then all credibility was lost.

No' date=' that's not what happened. You spawned a car, 04.07.2012 06:32:34: MaTMaN (IPREMOVED) 4b52fdfb4dfc79c3d06be6efa4b1bc8f - #9 MyScripts\cargo.sqf"; _car = "TT650_Civ" createVehicleLocal (position player);

[/quote']

This made my day.

Hey' date=' so I saw someone driving a tank in Cherno,and hid by a street until the guy got close enough and I could jump in. Anyway, after I hopped in, we cruised around for 10, 15minutes, and then he said "it's all yours" and took off. I then rolled around in the tank until I somehow made my way to the NW Airport. I was promptly banninated from the server.

I 100% didn't realize tanks weren't a part of the game, being a complete noob to DayZ (and arma, I had to google youtube videos to learn how to even switch spots in the tank and fire the bloody thing), I was wondering if my ban could be removed?

I've since scoured the wiki and know what vehicles and weapons are legit, so this won't be happening again. I just think it's a BS ban that nobody told me to get out or that it was hacked. I have many friends that can vouche for me, I don't hack, I don't combat log, and I play fair.

My character's name is "ken", this happened about a week ago on the NY25 NwO server I believe.

[/quote']

if you were a complete noob to dayz how did you know what is nw airport , how did you know that theres good loot and how did you even manage to go there ?

a complete noob wouldnt know howto navigate to get there ,

I believe him. The map is big but Ive learned Chernarus Very well before playing dayz he could of stumbled upon it. I have seen in many servers illegal vehicle spawns left behind from hackers and they are there until the server restarts.

If you don't get unbanned go somewhere else who cares, if it happens again you should be perma banned.

if you were a complete noob to dayz how did you know what is nw airport ' date=' how did you know that theres good loot and how did you even manage to go there ?

a complete noob wouldnt know howto navigate to get there ,

[/quote']

So what? I know my way around the map, I know where to go and how to act ( died once in ~40 hours of game time ) and I didn't know till now that tanks were not part of the game. I just thought they might be really really rare. I guess the thought should have occured to me since I didn't see any tank vehicle spawns on the db map but still.

It's not hard to sit with my second monitor up and a map. That's besides the point though, the guy who was in the tank first, I snuck up and was his gunner. He drove most of the way. And why didn't the admin of the server provide proof like that other guy, I certainly don't have the knowhow to run a script or whatever that bit was about.

It's not hard to sit with my second monitor up and a map. That's besides the point though, the guy who was in the tank first, I snuck up and was his gunner. He drove most of the way. And why didn't the admin of the server provide proof like that other guy, I certainly don't have the knowhow to run a script or whatever that bit was about.

Because scripts are collected in different ways, also there are ways to hide scripts. Usually the noobs are the ones that get caught, however there are plenty of hackers I can't get proof from logs on because they can completely bypass battleye.