InversionSR

WEAPONS where can i find one, why dont i spawn with anythign

OK so first

1. im new

2. im good at fps/stealth games

3. all the man up, noob etc responses on this just show the players who are insecure about the size of their genitalia

So i spawned for the first time after seeing youtube videos of the game and thought it had glitched.... no makarov and mags.... no food.... no water.... no defensive weapons of any kind. Apparently people didnt like how you could kill zombies at the start of the game, but so far in this running/re spawning simulator in four hours of play and some very sneaky crawling though a rather large town I have only found 1 weapon 1 hatchet which was glitchy at first and wouldn't equip. I had wondered if perhaps there was some kind of server difficulty setting i didn't know about.

My questions:

1. how do you find starting guns/melees where are there places you can find guns without being chased by zombies?

2. IMPORTANT!! How can i spawn next to my friends who aren't noobs, are armed and know the game better than i do?

3.Do zombies chase you forever or is there a way to dupe them - when you inevitably get spotted?

4. why cant we spawn with hatchets or other melees ? since that would kind of minimise spawn killing as you could just run away from/kill them instead of being killed by the first player to find a weapon.

Neway sorry for the tone, this game mod has proven to have a vertical learning curve now and im a bit fed up as i wanted to play with my friends, but without a weapon and/or any way of finding them/spawning near them Im now VERY frustrated

1. Crawl. (use the z key to go prone. And don't crawl in FRONT of zombies.)

2. You can't, nobody can. Full stop. End of story. Next question. (pro tip, watch the bottom right of screen when you log in.)

3. Zombies can be lost. They'll continue to chase and look for you after you make them lose line of sight, but they'll lose interest in a minute or two.

4. Because people are stupid. Give them a weapon, they'll use it to be an asshole. This way, we weed out some of the stupid people. (but not the assholes, unfortunately.)

1. There's no escaping the zombies in a zombie game. I love zombies me but i hate them in day Z! Check the map for good loot spots & make your way there > http://dayzmap.info/

2. If your friends are not noobs then why are they not helping you with these questions? When you spawn check your location at the bottom right of the screen. Then follow the map to find your friends. Obviously they will need to tell you where they are.

3. Buildings you can enter, ladders & hills/forests are the zombie's nemesis. Use them with a combo of stealth to escape.

4. Ive never been spawn killed...surely starting players with guns would increase PK's at spawns? Ive only been playing a week so ive never started with a weapon.

I was the same when i first started and by any means i am not great at this game.

1) Yeah you can find guns without getting chased by Zombies just crouch or prone and stay 50 meters away from them and if they do chase you try find a fence to try get them stuck on or just keep running , eventually they will stop. I had a zombie chase me for 10 minutes....

2) Inevitably no one is your friend (unless you literally mean your friends you are talking to on skype or something. Which there is no way to spawn near them) But if you're talking about other survivors, then people are going to trust you and you shouldn't trust anyone unless they don't have a weapon i suppose. Also you can't spawn on people with fire arm / weapons.

3) I sort of answered Question 3 above in my answer 1.

" if they do chase you try find a fence to try get them stuck on or just keep running , eventually they will stop. "

4) I suppose the point is you scavenge for food/water weapons meds etc cause i'd sort of feel bored if i spawned with a weapon and everyone went around shooting everyone.

Hope i answered some of your questions! :)

1. That's almost like two questions ;) Barns are a good place to start for your first hatchet, and if you are lucky a wincester or lee enfield rifle. Locate a deer stand and you can then sometimes come across an automatic rifle (As a big hint, there are groups of deer stands on the west side of the map north of Kamenka or south of Bor... loot them of ALL items (and abandon them away from the loot pile to allow for new spawns of loot when you next come near) and go between them until you find a AK or similar). As to the other part of your question, there will always be Zeds near and around the loot spawns (in theory, though bugs, other players nearby (already killed them) etc can mean you might find no Zeds near a location). It's a matter of sneaking in unnoticed (much easier in rural area than towns due to number of spawns, which is why i mention deer stands which spawn only 3 Zeds that I can avoid 90% of the time).

2. You can't unless they are near the spawn points. When you first log into the game world it will give you a location in the bottom right of the screen (a town name or specific area like the Quarry, Factory, Airfield.. all which are situated on the coast, up from Kamenka in the west to Solnichniy), so then you can work from a map from there (To clarify, do you mean friendly players who are willing to help or actual friends already playing?).

3. Keep running up a hill so it forces them to walk and you can get far enough away from them sometimes for them to stop and give up.... it's the nature of this Alpha mod to be a bit buggy in it's effects whereby sometimes it takes a LONG time to get rid of that last Zed. Also by running into a building with two exits, like a long barn or warehouse, allows you to slow them down as you leg it out of the other exit, giving you more of a chance of losing them due to distance. - So yeah, you can lose them.

4. Ask the developers. Every idea has negatives and positives. I was lucky enough to start when you had a pistol, so I do feel I had a little bit more of a chance at the start, although I died more back then than I do now with no weapon. Ok, it gives you a small chance of fighting back against nasty bandits but as some find, having a pistol means you will use it and probably attract too many Zeds than you can handle (say in one of the towns or villages). Melee weapons are very new. If you follow my theories of point 1. then actually finding your first hatchet in a barn is not so bad (once you have a hatchet you can sneak into more risky areas (super markets, apartment blocks and churches in towns.. if gits haven't barbed the entrances up on the server you are on.. if so then move to another server). Just remember it is an Alpha and you are relatively new to this particular game world, so between bugs and getting a feel for the way this mod works you will die alot. This hard start makes progress in surviving day to day feel alot more rewarding. When you are geared up you will then feel so much more paranoid about dying and losing you loot, adding to suspense. Then when you respawn all peed off that you ran into an unfriendly, fell off a roof/rock or got slapped by a bug/hacker you will have a better chance of knowing how best to start off again, and since you have nothing to lose you can run about like a crazy with no fear.

(sorry if this is convoluted, I do go on alot :P these are my feelings regarding hints you could use, everyone is different - hope it answered your questions to some extent).

p.s. I knew I should have saved this and posted it only after I checked if other people had replied. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered, but hey, there's my response :)

Hey Thanks guys for the responses it appears theres some valid stuff here. glitching the zeds behind fences and buildings works sometimes and lying down after i loose sight of them, then crawling away works pretty decent. Also learned that the smaller towns along the coast generally arent good places from weapons excludign the two main cities

Thanks for the map, finally figured where i was and how far away my mates squad was so finally managed to meet up.

Nice when people post constructively

Some nice answers already.

Use the map found in the reply above, i use it ALWAYS.

You can't spawn next to your friends, unless they move to the coast. You always respawn randomly so if you click respawn a couple of times you move to different starting places. (this is frowned upon though)

Losing zombies is a bit of a learned ability, some times you just get lucky though. The mechanic isnt a 100% either so try different things.

Being good at fps/stealth games doesnt do anything for you at the start, you might incorporate some of the experience in using tactics though (later, when zombies dont matter that much and enemy players do)

The basic reason the guns at the start were removed was to make it truly hardcore, many people are screaming that its to hard but Rocket doesn't care, he want those people to either adapt or just go away.

Basic tips.

Start crouch running whenever you get close to buildings or anything that spawns zombies, dont crouch run or run on hard surfaces like gravel, roads or tarmac (you can hear when its a hard surface) you can crouch run on grass when close to zombies, experience teaches you what that distance is.

Experience conquers all, the game is hard, it will most likely get even harder. At the start when you are freshly spawned go NUTS, you have nothing to lose anyway. Experiment with stuff.

Some nice answers already.

Use the map found in the reply above' date=' i use it ALWAYS.

You can't spawn next to your friends, unless they move to the coast. You always respawn randomly so if you click respawn a couple of times you move to different starting places. (this is frowned upon though)

Losing zombies is a bit of a learned ability, some times you just get lucky though. The mechanic isnt a 100% either so try different things.

Being good at fps/stealth games doesnt do anything for you at the start, you might incorporate some of the experience in using tactics though (later, when zombies dont matter that much and enemy players do)

The basic reason the guns at the start were removed was to make it truly hardcore, many people are screaming that its to hard but Rocket doesn't care, he want those people to either adapt or just go away.

Basic tips.

Start crouch running whenever you get close to buildings or anything that spawns zombies, dont crouch run or run on hard surfaces like gravel, roads or tarmac (you can hear when its a hard surface) you can crouch run on grass when close to zombies, experience teaches you what that distance is.

Experience conquers all, the game is hard, it will most likely get even harder. At the start when you are freshly spawned go NUTS, you have nothing to lose anyway. Experiment with stuff.

[/quote']

Firstly thanks for the response

the piece i want to highlight is that wierdly once you have a weapon and some ammo the game kind of ceases to be Nuts and becomes based on pvp which is fun/challanging part, doesnt a gun mean people can get to this bit faster and also penalises them less severely for dying and having to restart.

Think rocket may be a bit foolish if he thinks his mod will last if he makes it too hard for anyone but seasoned players to play. It is a really fun concept though and a decent mod, it just sucks ass when your alone, unarmed and stuck in a endless cycle of crawling, running and respawning

"many people are screaming that its to hard but Rocket doesn't care, he want those people to either adapt or just go away" that the problem, the mod will die if new players cant join it because of the steep learning curve. Admittedly i would have given up and gone back to bf3 if i hadnt gotten the map and found my friends who helped me get weapons. So zdays future could be short lived

lol, short lived.

Man, I'm not sure how old you are, and frankly, I neither ask or give a damn, but this is a real GAME like good old games from back in 80s-90s where you actually had to work HARD to get some good stuff. This mod is meant for people who like it hard and you find it truly rewarding when you find your first gun + ammo.

Hell, Rocket is even gonna make it more teamplay based as soon enough, you will not even be able to bandage yourself, instead it will be like the bloodbags and epi-pens, you need a friend to do it.

The thing is. If you were a survivor on a random ass continent where you had been washed ashore by the waves after a boat crash (how I like to think the intro is) its obvious that you would not have a weapon, as weapons on your body in the water doesn't really encourage swimming, does it? (unless its a baseball bat or something similar)

And hey, if you find it hard to find weapons ammo, do like everyone else and respawn until you are close to Cherno or Electro. A 10-20 min run and you should be geared/supplied for the trip north (face it, who would stay at the coast with such awesome stuff inlands?)

This game is not magic, like BF3s ammo bags or MW3s "respawn with yer shit dawg" This is a game that I can see myself playing for years to come, just because it isn't easy, and teamwork is freaking awesome in this game. Hell, you NEED to teamwork if you truly wanna experience this game.

But yes, thats enough of me ranting, time for some tips.

1. http://dayzdb.com/map#3.047.060

This map is more awesome, and I prefer using it. Sure, it doesn't have the top 2 quadrants, but there is nothing worth to loot there anyhow.

2. Whenever you get a gun, use it as your last resort and ALWAYS conserve ammo. You never know when you will get another mag for it, who listens to the shots and however many Zeds you'll pull (ofc, you can try the last part and figure it out)

3. All guns sound differently, but honestly, if you have time to try and remember each and every gun sound, you have time enough to get the hell out of there into a safe spot.

4. People are devious in this game. If its not a player you know from real life/played with for a longer time in some other game and are speaking on TS/Vent/Mumble, I would recommend you to shoot first and ask questions later. Why? because even if they don't have a gun now, or have one, it might just be that they are out of ammo and just searching for it. Truly, they will stab you in the back and you will feel silly for having trusted them.

5. Try to get a general knowledge of landmarks. This being towns, mountains, settlements, everything you can see is different from another place. This will all help you determine in what direction you are going, and ofc, the online map I linked you in 1. is good to help you too.

(getting a compass is good as well, as you can doubletap K to show it to you while running)

You can take your bearings with a clock as well, or with the northern star at night, but those require moonlight/sunshine and a watch (for daytime) I suggest you search youtube abit if you wanna find out how to do it.

6. If you happen to be chased by zombies, try finding a building where you can run in one way and out another way. This is the best way to loose Zeds, as they start walking indoors.

Big magazines at towns/coastal areas works too, but Hangars do not (might sometimes, but not others, so preferrably, don't even try)

7. Never get attached to your gear. You will just end up paranoid and too causious. Sure, being abit causious is good, but remember that you are MEANT to die in this game. Besides, you will always get it back after some time, and yeah, I know it sucks if someone killed you if you had NVGs, GPS or Rangefinder or some other rarity, but as I said, its part of the game

Will add more if I can think of anything, oh and http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html should give you a general understanding of what spawns in what buildings.

lol' date=' short lived.

4. People are devious in this game. If its not a player you know from real life/played with for a longer time in some other game and are speaking on TS/Vent/Mumble, I would recommend you to shoot first and ask questions later. Why? because even if they don't have a gun now, or have one, it might just be that they are out of ammo and just searching for it. Truly, they will stab you in the back and you will feel silly for having trusted them.

[/quote']

DO NOT do this!

This is the reason the pvp is so messed up in the game at the moment.

we seriously need somthing like a pvp toggle to stop this happening its passed the point of ridiculous.

Firstly thanks for the response

the piece i want to highlight is that wierdly once you have a weapon and some ammo the game kind of ceases to be Nuts and becomes based on pvp which is fun/challanging part' date=' doesnt a gun mean people can get to this bit faster and also penalises them less severely for dying and having to restart.

Think rocket may be a bit foolish if he thinks his mod will last if he makes it too hard for anyone but seasoned players to play. It is a really fun concept though and a decent mod, it just sucks ass when your alone, unarmed and stuck in a endless cycle of crawling, running and respawning

"many people are screaming that its to hard but Rocket doesn't care, he want those people to either adapt or just go away" that the problem, the mod will die if new players cant join it because of the steep learning curve. Admittedly i would have given up and gone back to bf3 if i hadnt gotten the map and found my friends who helped me get weapons. So zdays future could be short lived

[/quote']

I am also a very new player and I have encountered the same challenges but I revel in them.

I love being thrown off the deep end with nothing but your wits and a shoddy flashlight to survive.

I can understand that the game becomes much easier and completely different once you find some decent gear but it's the big hurdle it the start that makes the game so exciting.

So what if you die a few times?

You were just another poor hapless basterd who got caught up in the insanity.

This is a zombie apocalypse and only the fit and lucky will survive.

Having to crawl around jumping at every noise and running in panic for even a single zombie makes finding that first weapon so much sweeter.

A mod like this will not just die because it caters to a relatively small but passionate group of hardcore gamers.

It's very hard these days to find a game that is truly hard, unforgiving and in effect immersive because everything has to cater to the big lazy masses these days.

This mod is a countermovement against that shift in the gaming industry.

It is exactly that immersion and intensity a hardcore game like this provides that makes for such brilliant anecdotes.

The awesome stories have made this mod immensely popular in a very short time which is great but it also had a downside.

People flocked to buy Arma CO and try it out but were soon desillusioned because most people just can't get sattisfaction out of it.

Now they clammor for the game to be made more like mainstream titels so they can get their money's worth but that would destroy what has defined this amazing mod in the first place.

DayZ is in fact a little bit like EVE online.

Incredibly hard to get into and very cruel at times but immensely rewarding to those who appreciate that type of game.

EVE was not my cup of tea mind you so I left it for the real EVE players to enjoy.

I have great respect for a developer who sticks to his guns (or lack thereof ;) ) and keep the game a haven for the people who seek a true challenge.

If you make your game stick out like that it can't fail even if it is only played by a small group of hardcore fans.

lol' date=' short lived.

[/quote']

DO NOT do this!

we seriously need somthing like a pvp toggle to stop this happening its passed the point of ridiculous.

Sorry for putting your quote on my quote, but I'm honestly not sure what kind of fantazy world you live in, but in the realms of DayZ, thats more or less the rules. SURE I've tried the "friend or foe?" once or twice, but with the same result as my first kill: I got backstabbed once they found a hatchet/mags for their guns or guns for their mags. Sure, there ARE those fluffy bunnies that can attatch themselves to you and let you be their knight in shining armor, but thats the babies of this game, which means they'll be shortlived on their own. (ultimately, if they see profit in it, they will kill you as well later on unless you manage to get them on Vent/TS/Mumble and become real good buddies while they search for shizzles)

This game have evolved into a PvP mayhem, and personally, me and my team likes it that way. Those who feel that there should be a PvP toggle are those that have gotten themselves backstabbed one too many times and have a hard time coping with it. Sure, it stings abit to be shot at first, but hey, thats the game after all, so I'm just gonna refer you to point 7.

lol' date=' short lived.

[/quote']

DO NOT do this!

OH NOES! PVP IS HURTING THIS MOD DONT KILL SOMEONE OR THIS MOD WILL DIIIIEEEE FROM IT. Shit, same crying about wanting PvE servers. This isn't WoW. You can't logon to a "non pvp server" DEAL or quit. Derps and hurps. Don't take advice from bads like this, it's just gonna get you shot in the back time and time again. Act that way if you prefer, be honourible, etc... But remember, 95% of the player base will shoot first, ask questions later. That last 5% you won't even see, because you just got sniped.

Follow the above advice in this thread. It's mostly golden. But it also takes time, time and practice. You'll get the hang of it, just don't cow to the carebears. If they had their way, there would be no-pvp servers where you start with a gun and full ammo, a bag full of stuff, and have a whole lot of nothing to do all day but shoot at zeds, because that sounds soooooo much fun.