Sign in to follow this  
JorisK

No vehicles on map?

Hi,

We have a new server and i already searched with a few mates for hours on this server to find any vehicles but sadly we couldn't find anything on the known spots:

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles

Is this normal behaviour? I have to mention we started the server yesterday evening for the first time when there was database maintenance and ddos attacks.

Regards,

Joris

I believe the vehicle spawns are supposed to be somewhat dynamic for example someone can't start a server and run around and collect every vehicle before other people have a chance. Try restarting your server but i'm pretty sure they spawn somewhat randomly

Not saying thats what your going to do but I believe thats what its supposed to prevent :P

Me and my hros currently have 5 vehicles in our possession. 3 were found, two were stolen. At some point someone will steal them from us. We struggled to find vehicles for a long while then suddenly we stumble upon a bunch of them. Just gotta keep looking!

Me and my hros currently have 5 vehicles in our possession. 3 were found' date=' two were stolen. At some point someone will steal them from us. We struggled to find vehicles for a long while then suddenly we stumble upon a bunch of them. Just gotta keep looking!

[/quote']

Thanks for the reply.

My point is: the server is a fresh new one. No one could actually have one in posession, so where should they be?

Me and my friends already crawled trough 10 cities and nothing found. Same goes up for heli crash sites.

Could it be this has something to do with the ddos attack/database mainenance yesterday?

If you started the server WHILE hive was down, no vehicles will be there.

You have to restart it while hive is actually online in order to get any vehicles :P

If you started the server WHILE hive was down' date=' no vehicles will be there.

You have to restart it while hive is actually online in order to get any vehicles :P

[/quote']

We did restart it yesterday when all services where availible again, but still no vehicles....

Me and a buddy have scrounged all the spots for cars to spawn in Canada 1. All the cars are gone, like seriously. We found a bus once (it died) and that was a week and a while ago. Other then that we havn't seen a single spawn, and we have only ever seen 1 car on the road (never seen it again.) It's feels like they don't even exist anymore.

Any admin/developer here that can confirm this?

Update: tried another 5 spawn locations: nothing.

we have the same problem with our new server. 3 days and many restarts later : no vehicles anywhere

we have the same problem with our new server. 3 days and many restarts later : no vehicles anywhere