Ordoo

Your most hilarious "obvious newb" moment..

I'm not amazing at this game, nor do I claim to be. I run by myself mostly, so compared to the larger groups, I get by and that's pretty much it.

But seeing things like this just cracks me up.

I was playing on a server that was at night, I really like night because while zombies are harder to see, it's harder for them to see you, etc etc...

I was exploring a building looking for spare ammo when I saw a light, my immediate reaction was "oh snap, a player, hide" I've been shot and killed many times when I first started playing, and perma death has definitely helped sharpen my survival skills.

What I saw next was probably the most hilarious thing I've ever seen :D

A person screaming and yelling through direct voip was leading a trail of at least 20 zeds, zoomed off past me with the pack on his tail

I really hope he heard me laugh really hard over direct voip and whoever he is, I thank him for that.

That being said, running around, at night with a flashlight told me either he was really bored, or a newb.

I was looting Elektro earlier with my friends and we made it to the office. From there we could see a survivor on the roof of the hospital with about 50 zombies going apeshit just below. Made me giggle.

When it's night and if you don't have a gun, it's almost pointless to go silence. I remember someone tried to shoot me while I was going prone and when it was completely dark (and in a small city)... I wondered what was the point, then?! If I move slowly and if they can still see me through the dark, why would I go silence? Especially with all the zombies inside buildings!!

Plus, when you meet other players who have guns but if you have an army of zombies behind you, they don't necessarly want to kill you, they want to escape. So it's a player protection that you can easily get rid off.

Mine was actually pretty recent. After acquiring an FN-FAL with NV; I logged on at night to try it- I was currently mid level in a construction sight. I whirl around and just look at stuff; try pacing about with it to see if it's good enough to move around in the dark with. I get so caught up in walking around in scope that I forget to check my footing.

I plummit 2 stories and almost bleed out and die in my knocked out state. Manage to throw a bandage on- been recooperating nearby since then. Of all the ways to almost die; I choose falling while distracted.

I was playing the game with a friend of mine (we just started playing the game) and after a while we got the hang of it.

After dying quite a lot we met up in elektro after about 5 hours.

I was already there and trapped on the roof of the firestation with some zombies below me, he was still on his way so I was waiting for him but since i got bored i walked on the roof for a bit and fell off and died -.-

but no worries I luckily spawned next to elektro and got back on the roof again waiting for him.

When he finally arrived we sat on top of the roof, while he quickly let a friend out I alt + tabbed the game and put on some music this only took like 2 min in which he came back and he said he heared some gunshots when he approached his game and he died so I thought he was playing a trick on me and went back in game and I was dead aswell.

So this had teached us that someone always should stay guard :P

Playing with my DAYZ's team mate, very first days of play on DAYZ, we spawned pretty far away each other:

I (Archer) spawned somewhere south east of balota, him (Ivano) spawned a couple of kilometers from Elektro.

Since i would have had a long run to the city, we decided to do as follows:

Archer searching for hatchets, crowbars and other usefull stuffs (knife etc.) on the way to elektro while Ivano would have been looting medical supplies and food/water from the big city.

After hours of looting, sneaking and running, i made my way to elektro which took about 4 hours in total, and had some usefulls (2 hatchets, 1 hunting knife, a couple of bandages, 1 coke, 1 can of food, ammo for various pistols and lee enfield mags).. Ivano had his backpack full of medical supplies raning from bandages to morphine and epi-pens.

After hiding and scanning the map for a safe place to meet at, we decided to rejoin on the eastern side of elektro, where you could see a big crane (yellow) and a building being constructed.. that building was our fortress to meet.

Well, nothing so "newb" so far, but here it comes:

I reached the building first and decided to hide on the 1st upper level, in a room's corner scanning the doorway and part of the ground floor while waiting for him.

After some time (say 2 to 5 minutes) he advised he was inside the bulding, ground floor, climbing a ladder (vertical ones, not a stairway) to the roof and he would have met me on the lower level. That ladder went from very ground level to the rooftop without interructions, passing on a side of my floor.. i moved there to cover his back while climbing.. he reached my level, managed to spot me, went in panic thinking that wasn't me, accidentally clicked on middle mouse button.. guess what the default action was......

yes, drop from ladder.. died.. while trying to get down to him, i managed to fall from the ladder aswell (not dropped, was trying to get the "climb ladder" action, took a step more than needed on the side..)....... died too.

lol

I started off playing in the dark and I was moving along slowly to a village after finding a flashlight, a bandage and some shotgun shells. I kept looking around me trying to see if there were any players or zombies but it was obviously too hard to tell and I didn't want to use my flashlight. When I turned back around to the way I was meant to be going I ran into a cow. I didn't know it was a cow at the time, I just saw something next to me moving so I ran like hell before turning around and putting my flashlight on it. I calmed down after crapping myself but the noise of me running and my flashlight attracted a bunch of zombies who came up behind me they took me out. Damn that cow.

Logged out in the control tower at the Northwest Airfield. I don't think that requires any further explanation.

1. saw someone at night with the flashlight in the powerplant at elektro :D and saw how the flashlight lightens all the terrain around the powerplant.

2. someone flaring all his way through elektro to the supermarket... just so nooblike, cause evryone could find him :)

I broke my legs so many times falling off of various platforms, it's not even funny.