Me and my group of friends just killed a sniper in cherno who had a sniper called the M4AO3 and i cant find details about it on the wiki and not sure what this gun is. If an admin can respond that would be much appreciated.

Its an M4 camo with a red dot on it

Wrong. That's the M4A3 CCO.

The M4AO3 is a sniper rifle with ghillie camo on it (Not to be mistaken with the SVD Camo, which is a Dragunov). The M4AO3 is currently not in DayZ, and was hacked in.

Thats what i had figured. It is also called the M40A3 Sorry. What should i do with it because i dropped my m16 and all my ammo for it so i really dont want to be gunless

Do you mean M40A3? Pretty sure it's not legit bro. But until we get more info from the devs no one knows for sure. To be honest if I was you I'd drop it. What's more important; having a nice sniper rifle for a while or having your game bricked by BattlEye?

Sweet. I have just been told by a streamer who plays with 1 of the devs that any hacked items in DayZ are fair game as long as you didnt spawn it yourself.

Hacked weapons should turn into a Makarov the next time an inventory database sweep is done.

I can't find the thread where Rocket stated it now.

Also not sure how often they do an inventory database sweep. Every few days maybe ?

I think you mean M40A3 its a Sniper rifle which uses M24 Bullets ,

It's hacked yeah

Keep it you are allowed to use it ,

You will be banned when you have weapons that are not in the games WHEN you get them many times ,

You wil get Flagged then by the system but if you find 1-2 weapons in a long period everytime then no worries