Sign in to follow this  
5c0

Question: Why 2k8R2 and not Win 7 Pro x64?

Hello,

I would like to ask why there is requirement for OS dedicated to host to be Windows Server?

Windows 7 x64 Professional is cheaper, and provides the same technical output for creation of dedicated server machines for games. As we are professional server hosting/housing company, i would like to ask what is the reason of this to even allow Windows Server 2003, and not Win 7 which is technically leap before the latter in all aspects.

Does ARMA 2 uses something from 2k8 R2 i dont know about or is this just "its server so Win Server goes there"?

Its very odd enough since my request got rejected because of this.

As for other aspects, i have unlimited bandwidth and 1Gbit uplink, together with right CPU and RAM. Which is what matters for the smooth gameplay, not that if i will use bloated OS which has server callsign in its name.

Hoping someone competent will provide answer and if so, look into whitelisting the server. If the Server 2k8R2 is needed, due technical reasons - please provide them, i will install it without issue since we have licenses for it.

Thank you very much.

It's now possible to select Windows 7 in the server sign-up form. Getting your application rejected because of Win7 sounds odd.

Well it does since all parameters are exceeding or are at least like what i have been mailed back with disaproval:

http://support.dayzmod.com/knowledgebase.php?action=displayarticle&id=1

Only parameter i have "worse" its that i had used Windows 7 Professional. (Which like i told, has no issues at all technically).