tendoouglas

What weapons are available?

What weapons are available?

Today I killed a bandit sniper in tower of factory, in Cherno, NY2 server. He had an M14 rifle, M4A1, GPS and other equipment very hard to achieve. I've never seen a GPS in this mod.

I could not see his name, only in red bandit. The sniper was firing on all human Cherno. I think this mod is survival, not PvP deathmatch, the devs should punish those who practice DM.

People who do this -will- die.

It takes a very, very LONG time to find enough ammo and military grade weapons in order to DM everyone you see at cherno.

You will see a rapid decline in people doing this shortly. Now that you can't disconnect immediately after being killed to save your things, people will think twice about doing this.

There will never be a punishment for people who run around killing other people. It happens. Survive by staying -away- from people killing other people. Don't trust everyone you meet.

I forgot to answer your question. :P You can find all weapons that you can find in ArmA2. To my knowledge, you can no longer find (spawned at military bases, mind you) M107 w/ Thermal, Mk16's, Mk17's (basically US Army weapons).

Notable "good weapons" are M249's, M240's, Ak-47's, AK-74's, M16 Variants, M4 Variants.

I'm talking about people who take a long time to find weapons and ammunition, certainly will not climb a tower to expend all ammunition. The guy had GPS, more than 10 carriers of M14.

Killing a human for survival is part of the mod, kill a human just for fun is making a mod trash

Not really. In any other zombie/wasteland games there are plenty of situations where this happens. I even do it sometimes. You have to deal with it.

Only ArmA2 is not a zombie game, Dayz mod is just a modification. You think it's funny to die in place of spawn?

In some cases yes. This mod is forming a different experience for ArmA. Not a military simulation one.

It's happening because the mod is still alpha and these players have basically hit the flight ceiling. Spend a bunch of time finding cool and powerful weapons what is there left to do besides go player hunting? Waste that ammo on zombies that are just stumbling around?

In it's current state the mod rewards your success at surviving long enough to find all that good gear with... boredom.

very well said oktyabr. Games are meant to be fun and exciting. Arma 2 is a military simulator. In short it's a game at where players kill AI or other payers. If you don't like dying, either, survive by using caution and or avoiding high traffic areas, or just don't play at all.

As it stands, will not arrive in the beta or charlie

I'll remember that when you see asking for help

I suggest you open up the mod to other hosts, my community can not get into 'cause your lives for the mod