Sign in to follow this  
hacklemackle

Stuck on hour glass screen for more than 7 in game hours now.

Whenever I log into a server I instantly become stuck on a screen with an hourglass in the middle, I believe this means my character is unconscious. The problem is that every key press is locked out, I can't hit escape and respawn, I can't text chat and tell people to kill me (wouldn't work since I have no idea where I am anyway). The only thing that I can do is alt+f4.

I've tried joining many different servers but the exact same thing happens. I've tried keeping it idling for hours at a time to make my character die of starvation/thirst but the hunger/thirst metres don't appear to really be going down at all.

Basically I'm completely locked out of playing this game at all without making a new Steam account, repurchasing, and redownloading.

Any other suggestions?

I finally found a way to fix this bug, but it's reliant on server issues.

If you ever run into a "waiting for server response" message, hit ESC to open the menu, and click RESPAWN. After clicking the respawn obtion, hit "ABORT" and then rejoin the server. Issue fixed. It essentially kills your player without ever loading the player data, completely fixing the issue.

The ESC menu may also be accessible in certain parts of the "loading" before the game, but i haven't yet tested it to be sure. Be careful though, if you hit it at the wrong time ESC will just boot you back to the server player list.

Thanks, I will try this.

Can't really get it to work. There are only 2 servers that don't instantly kick me for having too high a ping, and those two servers seem to be really quick, so that the "Waiting for server response" screen only flashes up for half a second. I tried about a dozen times, but it's not nearly long enough to get to the respawn option before my inputs get locked out.

Thank you for taking the time to share this fix with us, now I can do something about my buggy character.

Same problem' date=' can't get to the menu to respawn anywhere either.

[/quote']

Maybe you could try loading videos and stuff in the background to increase your ping, forcing the "waiting for server response" error? Not sure if this would work, but it's something you could attempt. If i ever run into this issue again i will try and find better ways to recreate the bugfix. Note that this bug is so common that it has happened to me TWICE in the past 3 days.