nothinginsight

insanity and suicide

It's an idea I had to make people stop killing each other without the consequences of real life.

For example:

if I kill people, or if you spend too much time alone, or in the woods or at night, or see too many dead bodies and scavenge them

The consequences would be

enter shock state for the first kills, like in real life.

See blurry and pass out.

you would start hearing things.

You would hurt yourself, like cut yourself or things like that.

You would randomly enter a panic mode and scream and run if your mental health is too low.

Your hands would shake.

You would lose control of the player, like a real insane person.

And once you have gone through too much stuff and your mental health is too low, you would COMMIT SUICIDE, just a shot to the head

I'd like to picture my character as a strong determined bandit, who's not a pussy when it comes to putting other people down or being alone in the woods at night.

You have to do all of this by yourself, roleplay it yourself. No one should be forced to have these consequences, in my opinion.

The less forced options in DayZ, the better. DayZ is one of the most open games I've ever played, and I feel that the more we can retain that complete sandbox feeling with any new content, the better.

Seriously? What if you have to defend yourself and you end up killing multiple survivors that way? That's not even the point, it's ridiculous that your character in a video game would do something without YOU deciding to do it. Especially something this extreme. Frankly, these kinds of artificial limitations will never work and hopefully won't see the light of day in this game.

See this thread for some real solutions to the "PvP problem" http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23578