Sign in to follow this  
classic_steel

waiting for character to create screen

Ok so the game loaded, I got into a server, I got passed the loading screen that lots of ppl had trouble with, but then it all of a sudden took my bak to the server list screen and in the background it says "waiting for character to create . I have been on the same screen for 5 minutes, what should I do? Was I suppose to create a character before trying to join a server?

Yeah alot of people having this problem including me and nothing has been said about or been fixed.

Try different servers. Eventually you will find one that works.

Wait I might know the problem, all the guides to install dayz, say something.about running the games before u instal so steam can do stuff, by running the games Does that.mean I had to like let the games full load up to their main screens? Lol I'm a idiot ill have to reinstall both games tomorrow and test.my theory

I have installed all before playing dz and started arma 2 before too its not that where the problem is.

Ok thanks for the info u just saved me 6 hours of installing the games again lol

I'm having the same issue. Is there anything we need to do to speed up the process of having this addressed?