Sign in to follow this  
LukeMurawski

Modding DayZ

>80% of all PC gamers have used Steam

This has absolutely nothing to do with your argument.

Why are you even still here?

That statistical piece of information reinforced the previous argument about valve being a gaming giant. It revolutionized many things early on in the gaming world, but not everything.

I'll be here as long as you guys keep reviving this thread lol. Just let it die already.

Well, this thread is quickly turning into a flame war.

Getting back on subject, all I am saying is mods tend to make games famous. This has been seen time and again. DayZ is such an epic mod, and if it's built with moddable intentions, maybe in the future DayZ could have a separate hive for modded servers. The fun would never end even after development is completed because other programmers would continue adding stuff.

> Which has nothing to do with your argument.

Argument was about modding making companies huge... because there would be someone always there to add on extra stuff. That statistic was simply proof to that argument to why DayZ should support modding in the future (by starting now) so it can grow as large as well.

EDIT: just don't even reply anymore. Stop reviving this.

How handicapped are you OP? VALVE (BRACKETS) VALVE (BRACKETS) VALVE (BRACKETS) VALVE!

It's a fucking ALPHA mod. Every server needs to be running the same set of rules for a uniform experience. Your idea is fucking awful, seriously. VALVE GAMING GIANT GUISE!

HEY GUISE, VALVE

....VALVE?

I'm a Valve fan I guess :rolleyes:

From what I've learned about mod development, modding must be incorporated during the ALPHA or BETA stages. Not after it's completed, so this is the valid time.

And relax. Why do you keep reviving this thread if you don't like the idea? Let the thread die. Please please let this die. Someone close it.

MFW people cannot comprehend that there are different styles of games.

DayZ could never work if it was as open to modding as ArmA2 is. There are plenty of zombie missions for ArmA2, go mod those.

Alright, alright, sorry for the suggestion. God, just let it go. Peace.

Yes, it was a terrible idea indeed. Now can you let this go? It's turning into a flame war. It was only a friendly suggestion. Some of you guys took it personally.

Well ya know this game isnt made by Valve. All i read was because Valve did it, because it made valve successful etc. Did you ever think mayby they dont want to be like Valve and also in my opinion Day Z is not a mod that needs modding by outside sources. I feel that if their was modding availble then the game would get buried in a drastic amount of mods.

Now that I consider, there's not much to mod anyway. It's alright, it was only a friendly suggestion/idea that would make this mod potentially more famous. There's no need for everyone to jump on the wagon and start harping at the idea.

Anyway, go back to dayz and enjoy the game :D