Baiski AU

On a average how quick do you find a gun?

So how long does it take you to find a gun? i found one yesterday but haven't found once since then. Been playing for about 1 hour and a half from then.

Not long. Barns are the best place to find a quick weapon IMO. For anything useful in pvp you need to check deer stands or military camps. But barns are everywhere and usually have hunting rifles/shotguns, crossbows, and hatchets.

Depending on spawn location, I can be armed with a fully automatic military grade weapon within 10 minutes. If I end up in a bad spawn location, it can take me 15 minutes to find a weapon. Once you know the map, you've already reached end-game. Can't wait for beta! :)

depending on luck: 1-30minutes (1 if i find one in the first spot i loot) ;) average: 15minutes maybe, but i often run through the cities "speedlooting" :D at least when i have no gear

its all on what your looking for rifles will spawn in barns a lot full autos in camps and air bases hand guns be in houses and stores but thats not always %100 so you might find a ak in a store or rifle in a house just so building have a higher rate to spawn things then others

Then i am doing something wrong. Had the game for 3 DayZ (see what i did there?) and only found a Makarov (hatchet/crossbow) ..... Totaled 13 hours.....

Apartments are a good place to look first but I find deerstands are always empty. I personally have only had minor, minor luck in barns. Ive been to more than 2 dozen barns and Ive only ever found like 3 weapons. I'd rather stick to apartments because you find food, meds and some nice basic weapons like pistols etc

Well once I spawned in Cherno and got a whole heap of meds, a Makarov, An Enfield, a Czech Backpack, two water bottles and a whole heap of food and drink. I think I got lucky on that looting run.

hmm my average could be worse as i wandered around with no plan at first. now its maybe 15-30 minutes in average

A few minutes at least, but it really depends on where I spawn. If I spawn near Cherno, I head straight for the camp opposite the hospital and usually find an AK or Pistol there, along with the usual misc. loot.

If my spawn is in cherno or elektro im geared up in around 10 mins with a primary (in my pack), hatchet, and a pistol and out of there before you can say "friendly in cher.." BANG!!! damn it........

Then i am doing something wrong. Had the game for 3 DayZ (see what i did there?) and only found a Makarov (hatchet/crossbow) ..... Totaled 13 hours.....

That is weirder than weird. Generally about 5-15 minutes max and you should be armed with at least a pistol and a winchester.

In 13 hours you should trekked the map a few times, eaten a truck load of cow and boar, killed a couple of hundred zeds, drank a pond full of water and be on a coke/ pepsi paranoia high throwing chem lights into the forest randomly while shooting your assault rifle at butterflys.

Not the butterflys! What did they ever do to you?!?!

Dem birds on the other hand, they be shifty types.

hey,,after trekkin the wild forests for hours , flitting in and out of cover , diving to the ground at every shadow and on a flat coke high..those butterflys really get my eye twitchin

Depends on how bad I need it, if I need one real bad it takes forever, if I don't need one I'll have MP5sd's and Bizons falling from the sky.

I have been checking sheds, appartments, barns and factories for 4 hours but I only found a double barreled shotgun which was promptly lost when a sniper shot me as I exited the barn.

Heaps and piles of ammo though.

I still have a lot to learn or I was just a bit unlucky.

Maybe both. :)

Same as sparten once you know what buildings to loot you can get a Winchester/Enfield in a matter of minutes.