Devs... is there any chance this area will be returned to it's original state?

Such a dead area now that military base is gone.

The Little Bird (the first aerial vehicle that will come out) will spawn at NE Airfield iirc, at least the parts will. This video shows a short introduction to it (also references NE airfield as loot spawn point). I guess that will make NE Airfield interesting enough for you? :)

I haven't played the mod so I wouldn't know what NE Airfield used to look like, but I've been told that it's a civilian airfield, and as such a military base in or around it wouldn't make much sense to me.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Apekiller said:

I haven't played the mod so I wouldn't know what NE Airfield used to look like, but I've been told that it's a civilian airfield, and as such a military base in or around it wouldn't make much sense to me.

You've basically got it figured out, but the NE Airfield was more in line with the Balota Airfield in design. A few hangars, a military prison, and a few other military-esque structures.

NEAF was actually my favorite airfield in mod. You were never positive that there would be other players there, but the ones who would hang out there were always decked out in pretty sweet gear. It was more of a surprise than NWAF where you knew that you would find guaranteed trouble.  Not only was the pvp good, but it was also the best place to find air vehicles. 

Man, I really miss hanging out up there.

On 8/3/2016 at 6:56 AM, thunter said:

You've basically got it figured out, but the NE Airfield was more in line with the Balota Airfield in design. A few hangars, a military prison, and a few other military-esque structures.

NEAF was actually my favorite airfield in mod. You were never positive that there would be other players there, but the ones who would hang out there were always decked out in pretty sweet gear. It was more of a surprise than NWAF where you knew that you would find guaranteed trouble.  Not only was the pvp good, but it was also the best place to find air vehicles. 

Man, I really miss hanging out up there.

Definitely one of my and my friends favorite locations. Drew enough curious survivors to make it a great sniping area. When the military was gutted and made into civilian..it just became a big open spce to pass through.

The military aspect was a hinge for entire NE section map... no real reason go there now.

t'was a great little fishing hole for poppin' hoppers indeed, so salty.