Reyn (DayZ)

Roaming zeds, Radios, camps, flashlight w/ pistols.

Roaming zombies - Zombies randomly roaming around town to town or even through forests' it's not like they'd stay in one place waiting for food to find them, they should just walk around finding food & possibly eat animals.

Radios - To contact with players across map, but you will need to supply batteries for the radios or it'll get overpowerd.

camps - The ability to set up a proper camp with tents, chairs, storage boxes, food containers & camping fires. (I know we've allready got fires & tents) but the point I'm trying to get at is a place where you can go back to & feel safe from the zombies.

flashlights with pistols - Whilst running in the night it gets annoying that you have to go into your inventory and get out your pistol, by then you would of gotten killed. I think it'll be pretty handy to have a dual wield system where you could use your pistol with your flashlight & not have to worry about clicking around in the inventory!

Thoughts?

Roaming zombies - Zombies randomly roaming around town to town or even through forests' it's not like they'd stay in one place waiting for food to find them' date=' they should just walk around finding food & possibly eat animals.

Radios - To contact with players across map, but you will need to supply batteries for the radios or it'll get overpowerd.

camps - The ability to set up a proper camp with tents, chairs, storage boxes, food containers & camping fires. (I know we've allready got fires & tents) but the point I'm trying to get at is a place where you can go back to & feel safe from the zombies.

flashlights with pistols - Whilst running in the night it gets annoying that you have to go into your inventory and get out your pistol, by then you would of gotten killed. I think it'll be pretty handy to have a dual wield system where you could use your pistol with your flashlight & not have to worry about clicking around in the inventory!

Thoughts?

[/quote']

These are all great ideas that have already been expressed on other posts. Try using google and search on this site before posting.

That being said, I like the idea of roaming zombies and flashlights with pistols the most out of all of these.

Made a thread about radios/walkie talkies a while ago.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=3479&page=7

You could leave your suggestion there aswell if you´d like.

Flashlight-pistol would be really nice, usually the reason i use a G17 for the build-in flashlight.

Otherwise there should be alternative flashlight methods, in reality you could attach the flashlight to your clothes somehow, and you have those flashlight headbands/helmet thingies aswell.

Roaming Zombies- It would be more realistic, but i would be annoyed with it soon enough, and there already are zombies spawning in fields near little shacks and whatnot.

When im outside a town i dont feel like sneaking towards the next town through forests and fields, its far enough as it is.

Also you will barely ever spot those zombies in the woods.

Camps- Seems like fun, but more of a luxery thing rather then a necessity.

Comments in red

Roaming zombies - Zombies randomly roaming around town to town or even through forests' it's not like they'd stay in one place waiting for food to find them' date=' they should just walk around finding food & possibly eat animals.

Would love to see this, but the way zombies work now is that they are spawned by the player getting close to a town or whatever. Having a roaming mob could (not saying will) put too much strain on the server, causing heaps of lag issues for players

Pretty sure Rocket has mentioned he's going to implement this everntually

Tent city surrounded by sandbags, razor wire, tank traps and bear traps? I like the storage box thing though, perhaps something you can lock? Break a lock with a crowbar?

Not so keen on this one. The G17 is currently the only pistol with a built-in light. If you were to give all pistols the ability to have a light, they'd either have to be weaker or far less accurate than the G17 to compensate

Thoughts?