Sign in to follow this  
idunc

Will these specs run the game well?

Processor: Intel Core i7 1.6GHz

RAM: 6GB

Hard Drive: 500 GB

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870

I am looking to buy a gaming laptop for around $500 and I think I have found a good one. Will these specs run this game well?

i would try to talk you out of a laptop.

Arma 2 is cpu heavy , i would recommend going to the actual arma site and read what they say.

Yeah but gaming and laptop should never be together, there never quite as good as a desktop for the price. But you probably need something portable.

Are you sure you got the clock speed right on the i7? 1.6ghz seems awfully slow (My i5 is at 4.5ghz)

Portable is what I need. I wouldn't be looking at laptops if I didn't. It's for college.

Here's the CPU: Intel Core i7 720QM(1.6GHz)

Intel Core i7 720QM(1.6GHz)

goto newegg and read the reviews, one guy says its good for playing games on high, but it is a deactivated product (not a big deal, ivy bridge replaced it), oh and everyone says it runs hot

Intel Core i7 720QM(1.6GHz)

goto newegg and read the reviews' date=' one guy says its good for playing games on high, but it is a deactivated product (not a big deal, ivy bridge replaced it), oh and everyone says it runs hot

[/quote']

Okay, thanks. What does "runs hot" mean? It overheats a lot?

not overheats' date=' it runs on the cusp of tolerable levels

[/quote']

I still don't know what that means...

I have a Toshiba laptop (which has an i3 processor). I've got 4GBs of RAM and 1696 MBs of memory left.

I think you'll be fine.

the cpu runs at a temperature that is a little above the normal, without proper ventilation it will overheat.playing games will overheat it if you run them for a long time.there are programs that monitor heat.

the cpu runs at a temperature that is a little above the normal' date=' without proper ventilation it will overheat.playing games will overheat it if you run them for a long time.there are programs that monitor heat.

[/quote']

Oh okay I understand now. Thanks! So what I'm understanding is that I will be able to run this game well, but not on high? Which is fine with me.