Jack Lz

Electricity good or bad?

In one of the E3 interviews on pcg they mentioned how easy it would be to introduce limited electricity (repairable generators).

What do you think?

Well Rocket pretty i thinking about developing the end-game aspect of the game. After you are geared up the only thing left to do is get a vehicle and kill people. Things like electricity would be good for the longevity of the game since you can now fight over territory. I wish they added more locations you can hold utility purposes that benefit your group in some way.

Would be cool to get a powerplant up and running if they added electric cars for example.

all i can picture is sniper scopes trained on a well lit grocery store at night XD

I like it.

The questions are more about whether generators are static or portable, and whether the engine has the support to work out wiring and how. Can players damage/sabotage wiring/generators?

If you have a portable generator, you could wire a small camp in the woods, or if static, occupy an existing structure.

Electric Cars that can be recharged

Electric Fences that shock you when being touched

Allows for introducing batteries (could be used for flashlights)

Could charge whole cities with electricity, or small camps.

Solar Panels and Wind Turbines would also be cool to have.

whether the engine has the support to work out wiring and how.

rocket was saying it's already part of Arma

But you have to remember, this is post-soviet russia.

Might not have some of the advancements that we have.

But you have to remember' date=' this is post-soviet russia.

Might not have some of the advancements that we have.

[/quote']

Automatic weapons, tanks, helicopters, powerplants.

>Might not have some of the advancements we have.

>Portable gas generators.

Electric Cars that can be recharged

Electric Fences that shock you when being touched

Allows for introducing batteries (could be used for flashlights)

Could charge whole cities with electricity' date=' or small camps.

Solar Panels and Wind Turbines would also be cool to have.

[/quote']

and NVGs, night scopes, thermal scopes, CCOs, and Korba sights.

Im thinking on a larger scale, that would be for example say theres 3/3 cities that this plant can have access to power and only 2/3 can be powered due to limitations. That would be cool seeing how many people as in clans try to hold down a power station and keep power coming to a certain area.

If there is gonna be electricity at some point, and even if there isnt, I'd rather occupied buildings having huge floodlights outside of the buildings than have the insides be lit up. Yeah, there should be only a little (if any) indoor lighting but I think it'd be much more exciting that way. It needs to be harder to see people garrisoning inside a house so that they can defend it... I don't think people should be punished for trying to protect their property by having themselves lit up like sitting ducks.

Im thinking on a larger scale' date=' that would be for example say theres 3/3 cities that this plant can have access to power and only 2/3 can be powered due to limitations. That would be cool seeing how many people as in clans try to hold down a power station and keep power coming to a certain area.

[/quote']

it was insinuated that power lines were a huge part of the whole thing,and it makes sense, this was a military simulator, have power lines that can be cut to shut power to a town.

I like the idea of it. Night time would be cool with sparse lighting here and there. Especially if you can turn them on and off

It would be sweet later on when more camp components are introduced. Also jerry cans to fuel the generators :D

Game Definitely needs to be harder. Lol back when I started playing a few weeks ago I would have never said that. But Hordes need to be implemented. Gun shot sounds travel over a long distance and even though zombies might not be in visual range to chase after you, they should atleast still turn and start walking towards the sound they believe they heard.

If this could be implemented eventually in game there would be hordes randomly roaming all over the place.

The Idea of cannibalism is great. It makes perfect sense to have it in game realistically people would eat other people when times got tough it has happen in real life on a number of occasions not just with that plane crash.

Zombies should also be able to kill animals and make the meat not edible. Definitely not enough animals in a game. I mean when is there ever just one cow on a farm? I understand that you don't want to make getting food to easy but changes could be made to make the animals behave more like real animals. I almost rarely shoot the animals. But even with a hatchet if there was more than one I shouldnt just be able to walk up to it and start hacking away. Either make them run away if your not sneaking up on them. And when you start to kill one it should make noise. Noise makes the other animals run away, and also makes them start making noise. Noise draws in the zombies and that in turn makes it difficult to gut the animal because zombies are coming. If you start shooting more zombies come and the longer you stay around the further away zombies will come from to attack once they get in visual range.