tylerhnothing

Solution to Aborting Cowards

So, the current tents that just allow for storage should remain- BUT, every player should be able to spawn with their own tent that just allows for their own personal rest. To quit a server, the player must set up a camp with their tent. Once set up, they can quit- no other functionality. Maybe if the creators want to use a rest mechanic, these tents can double their functionality for that purpose. This can help fix the problem of aborting cowards because the player will have to take the time of setting up a tent and getting inside- which is not practical in a shootout or a zombie chase. Some restrictions should also be added for said tent, such as not being able to deploy in buildings, major cities, etc, similar to the supply tents. The building scenario is great because if a player gets cornered in some shed with snipers outside, then he can't just weasel out and abort, and the snipers outside can be assured that he's still cornered. If the player can escape and set up their tent and the snipers miss that, then the player deserves to have escaped from their watch. Whether or not these take up room in backpacks is up to the developers. Hopefully this can provide some sort of end to the struggle of aborting players.

So in other words, a log-out timer in a fancy suit. /yawn

Is the Suggestions Forum seriously nothing but reposts of the same ideas?

So in other words' date=' a log-out timer in a fancy suit. /yawn

[/quote']

With the occasional good idea that gets no replies, but mainly just reposts.

So in other words' date=' a log-out timer in a fancy suit. /yawn

[/quote']

Sure, I guess it is in a fancy suit. BUT, like I said, you would have to do it in the middle of an open area, not in a shed. If people are outside of a shed waiting for the guy to come out, he could just camp in a corner with the abort counter up. However, the tent idea eliminates this. I don't see anywhere else where someone has come up with this idea. Plus, the tent gives some sort of purpose for a timer, not just some random counter prohibiting you from leaving the game.

Alt+F4 ?

Creates new character? :P

I think the only thing to do is to make it like world of warcraft, where you charachter is still in the world for 10 seconds or so. Maybe make it so that you're invulnerable to zombies but not to players while doing this, so that you can't bail from a firefight because you will be dead then. But if you want to quit you're just able to without dying from a zombie wandering into your logged-out char.

I doubt a mod is able to do this though?

I think the only thing to do is to make it like world of warcraft' date=' where you charachter is still in the world for 10 seconds or so. Maybe make it so that you're invulnerable to zombies but not to players while doing this, so that you can't bail from a firefight because you will be dead then. But if you want to quit you're just able to without dying from a zombie wandering into your logged-out char.

I doubt a mod is able to do this though?

[/quote']

Jesus christ. WOW didn't invent logout timers. Please stop referring to WOW when you talk about game mechanics.

Ugh seriously you're one of those guys? I was just reffering to something people might know and be familiar with not everyone knows about everything. Plus it's the only game i ever played that had that so...