themisfitjoe

Need to hide my loots... camo netting suggestion

Hey ya'll, love the mod...

Another suggestion that randomly came to me tonight was adding camo netting or a similar item, as a way to hide vehicles or at least hide them better.

As clans start taking footholds on their server(s) of choice, the need for protecting the tent cities increases. I feel that a rare (= engine parts) or military only rare spawn should be like camo netting that gets applied to a car, and removed back into inventory. OR like a camo garage tent, that you can park your vehicle in, and will just stand their under the same rules of tents (minus storing gear).

Also, I would love it if you could give me a bus, sot aht I may drive the forgotten bus route from berezino to Chernoble, and give everyone rides... for a can of beans per major town crossed of course...

If this was the case playing on a Clan server would be worse than it already was. The only thing stopping players from becoming Stalking Uber-gods (i.e - the loose there precious loot) would be cut loose.

You'd try and start a new and you'd be mown down 50 thousand times two steps into the game.

I like the camo netting suggestion, it would make exploring of "land parts" more attractive to me.

I mean, my clan had a white UAZ, and it just pops out at you from the forest.

Especially since the forests are not the dense...

that and god help you trying to hide a helicopter

I don't know how I feel about adding camo netting to specific assets (vehicles/tents).

But perhaps if there were large camo nets (the kind you often see at medic tents/ military bases) that players could construct I would be more inclined. You'd have to find the parts, as suggested, but the net itself wouldn't be applied to a specific object. I object mainly because I don't know how possible it would be to add asset specific camo nets.

You can just toss a camo net over a vehicle when you park it. You'd have to remove and pack it before you drove off, though. I think it's a pretty good idea, even if it's just for automobiles. You'd have to find one, of course. Camo netting would be available in this type of scenario as well, since it can be used to make civilian hunting blinds as well as the obvious military applications, but it would probably be best left as a rare spawn on the military table.