fluks

Cannot start host on port 2302

I've gotten my first server whitelisted and done everything in the "to do"-list received from the DayZ-team, but when I run the .bat file I get this error:

***Dedicated host created.

***Cannot start host on port 2302.

I know the port is open since I've hosted other MPmissions before. I've also tried to change the port aswell but with no luck, same error.

This is the whole .bat file:

Expansion\beta\arma2oaserver.exe -mod=EXPANSION\beta;EXPANSION\beta\Expansion;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@hive -ip=XX.XXX.XX.XX -port=2302 -profiles=cfgdayz -config=cfgdayz\server_XXX.cfg -cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg -name=cfgdayz -world=Chernarus -cpuCount=1 -exThreads=1 -noSound

Anyone else had this problem before, or know how to correct it?

Thanks in advance

Forgive me for asking the obvious but have you checked the firewall settings? The reason I ask is because I've had Windows Firewall literally ignore my exception rules that had been working for years and start blocking some of my TF2 servers a few weeks ago.

Firewall issues or if the server was running while there were hive last night issues it could have hung the port open on an attempted server restart. I'd give the machine a reboot if possible if it was the latter.

Most of the time the issue with the server not being able to start on that part is there is already either an arma server running (check taskmanager it might not be showing up on desktop) or another process using that port.

I can manually start arma2oaserver.exe and it works just fine with the exact same port. Like I said in the first post, I've hosted other MPmissions before on the same port and I had no problems. I bet there's something in the dayz procedure that causes this, I just don't know what it is.

I've also tried other ports aswell but the exact same error occurs.

* Went through the "to do"-list from DayZ and carefully gone through each step like 10 times.

* Rebooted computer

* Triple-checked the firewall settings.

* Checked task manager

Nothing helps.

Are you using the .bat file?

I had this occur, and I believe I went thru and wrapped my command line options that require an input value in quotes. Why it worked I am not sure, usually wrapping in quotes is only needed when there are spaces in a command line option that requires an input value.

The server is on a Server 2003 x64.

"-mod=EXPANSION\beta;EXPANSION\beta\Expansion;EXPANSION;ca;@dayz;@hive" "-ip=XX.XXX.XX.XX" "-port=2302" "-profiles=cfgdayz" "-config=cfgdayz\server_XXX.cfg" "-cfg=cfgdayz\arma2.cfg" "-name=cfgdayz" "-world=Chernarus" "-cpuCount=1" "-exThreads=1" -noSound

I also had it occur while Hive was getting some maintenance over the last couple days, and as Dante-shawn metioned I had a hung arma2oaserver.exe in taskmanager.

Tried again with a fresh install of ArmA2 + OA but still getting the same error.

There's no other process that use the same port.

Even turning off all firewalls doesn't help.

Seems like I'm destined to not be able to host a DayZ-server, and it's giving me a headache.

@DeadWalking99

Thanks for the tip but didn't work for me, unfortunately.

Ensure you are using your internal IP address instead of external or proxied IP. This was our problem when we experienced the same error about port 2302. Also, there is some annotation saying that there has been times when it was required to forward port+1 and port+3.

Good luck, hope you get it running ;)

@chaveezy

My internal IP in the .bat file? Tried it now and opened up 2302+1 and +3 but still no luck. :(

Your problem is likely that you have not properly registered IP address to the server.

I'm having this same problem, and configuration error was that the IP address of the server that

is specified in the configuration actually belongs to Cisco (your router) that looks to the Internet,

and since it is forwarding all who knocks on port 2302 on the server DayZ.

The solution is simple, in the configuration server_xxxxxxx.cfg include the real IP address of the server (192.168.xx.xx), and the router (Cisco, Microtik or other) to make forwarding (redirect) to create a rule for anyone who connects to the port 2302 and the other necessary ports server DayZ. I have everything working, I hope this advice will help you :-)

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Original Text for Russian community:

Проблема у вас скорее всего в том, что у вас не правильно прописан IP адресс сервера .

У меня возникла такая же проблема , и ошибка настройки состояла в том,

что IP адрес сервера который указан в конфигурации на самом деле принадлежит Cisco ( твой роутер ) которое

смотрит в интернет ,

а уже с него идёт проброс всех кто стучится по порту 2302 на сервер DayZ.

Решение простое , в конфигурации server_xxxxxxx.cfg указать реальный IP адрес сервера ( 192.168.xx.xx ) , а в роутере ( Cisco, Microtik или другой ) сделать проброс ( перенаправление ) создать правило для всех , кто коннектится на порт 2302 и остальные нужные порты для сервера DayZ. У меня всё работает , надеюсь вам поможет этот совет :-)

Your problem is likely that you have not properly registered IP address to the server.

I'm having this same problem, and configuration error was that the IP address of the server that

is specified in the configuration actually belongs to Cisco (your router) that looks to the Internet,

and since it is forwarding all who knocks on port 2302 on the server DayZ.

The solution is simple, in the configuration server_xxxxxxx.cfg include the real IP address of the server (192.168.xx.xx), and the router (Cisco, Microtik or other) to make forwarding (redirect) to create a rule for anyone who connects to the port 2302 and the other necessary ports server DayZ. I have everything working, I hope this advice will help you :-)

My problem is i gave the wrong ip when i registered for instance id on accedent and dont want to wait a week to get a new one.. where exactly in the server config do you add your ip? because there is no option in the config file..or is there a way to just change the ip for your instance i.d? i am getting the, Cannot start host on port 2302